my first rig, NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jake_tim, Aug 10, 2005.

1. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    hey, im about to get my first rig, or bigger amp, right now i have a crappy rouge 30 watt. and im in a band now and we play some shows, so i need somthign a little bit bigger, i was lookign at the new 450 watt behringer head. I mean, its got the power, ive heard people knocking it, but i dont really need a profesional rig yet, and besides im 15, i dont have all kind of money. and i was thinking maybe the behringer 2x10 or maybe even a 4x10 or the 2x10 and a 15 on the bottom. i only have about 650 dollars. and musicians friend has liek free shipping, if i sound completley stupid for choosing behringer then tell me, but it sounds liek a good idea to me. beacuase im low on money, if you have any suggetions fell free to tell me what u think. thanx

2. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    a behringer hehringer set up will work fine. i use one. i got my past rig for 400 bucks....that is the Bx3000t head and a 2x10 and a 1x15...thats 300 watts. i havent expearianced the 450 head yet but i imagine that it will get it done. behringer makes good equipment for your money.

people just know behringer becuase half the people on this forum probably have extremly expensive rigs, and feel behringer doesnt match they're ampeg stuff. :ninja:
  3. I don't think you can beat the Ashdown Mag 300H with an Avatar B212 delta for $589 shipped. I don't know anything about the gear you mentioned but I agree that low cost gear gets snubbed here by the big rig guys so take the bashing with a grain of salt.

Check out
  4. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    yeh i forgot to mention ashdown....good stuff...

musikman is deffinatly on the money with how low cost gear gets bashed.

we should start some srot of clan " poor musicians with low cost gear, and pround of it "

basicly on this site if it isn't an ampeg , GK , or Trace Elliot....or fodoera and bongos, it gets bashed hard. :scowl:
  5. that sounds like a good idea... you sound like a smart kid...

6. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    +1 Avatar/MAG deal
  7. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    +1 on the Avatar/Ashdown rig. You get a much better amp and higher quality cab. I used to have an Avatar and lovedit but my truck caught fire and burned it after a gig. I'd still use it if I had it.

Just wish he'd make a 2x15 :)
  8. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yes, save up a little more and go for the Avatar/ Ashdown, or just anything else then the Behringer. I used a Behringer for a long time, and once you try out other gear, you will realize how much it sucks and how much you wish you'd saved up a little extra cash for some decent gear.
  9. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    haha, yeh we should, i know im a poor musician with low cost thanx for the help

10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas

This system will sound MUCH better than the blahringer stuff.
  11. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    I tried a Behringer b3000xt and it was a POS. Maybe that's why Behringer dumped it in favor of the 450watt version. Hopefully they've fixed some of the problems they had with the 3000.
    You sound like you're going to buy online, but I'd suggest you go to a music store and at least try out some of this gear before you make a final decision to plunk down your hard earned cash.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    By this time it's a +3 on the Ashdown/Avatar rig

Ashdown is waaaaaay better than Behringer, and lots of TB'ers have a love affairs with Avatar cabs (I have a 210 NEO and ordering a 212 NEO)
  13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    A more or less local shop to me (about 1.5 hours drive is local in my part of the world) has Epihani and Eden as their 'flagship' lines. They do some other high end stuff as well. When I was in the amp hunt I talked with the owner for a bit as I was real interested in the WT550.

When he heard what I was thinking he mentioned that Ashdown was his other line. He was dumping Ampeg and doing 'tonnage' in the Ashdown Mag series. No returns and happy customers.

I'd look to Avatar and Ashdown but I'd be looking at the 2x10 rahter than the 2x12. As a stand alone cab, the 2x12 will go deeper but I much prefer the tonality of a 2x10 and 1x15. So I'd start with the 2x10 and add the 1x15 later...