Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doug Parent, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Received a Metro MV5 monday after speaking with Steve at Bass Northwest the previous friday. He promised it would be shipped that day, I expected it wednesday and it arrived in perfect shape monday. Well done to him for getting this bass delivered early!

When I pulled the bass out of the box I didnt expect such a damn nice case. And the bass is perfect. Fret ends glisten perfectly and are filed and buffed evenly.
    Finish is perfect. I have been a bit cautious about getting a 34" scale 5 string since my last two Fenders. The B on this bass roars with tone and punch. The tone is really great, and very even all across the strings. The whole bass resonates very well. The neck profile if perfect, very fast and effortless to play. The fingerboard radius is just how I like it. (12")

Its light weight. The strings that came on it sound incredible. The sound is snappy, punchy and big. The bottom on this bass is substantial.

I have another bass that I paid $2700 for thats "handmade", by a famous bass builder that alot of people use. For a "parts" bass, this Sadowsky bass has better overall construction in my opinion. Anyone saying that the value of the Metros isn't up to par with other choices in the same price catagory maybe has not tried one.

I'm kinda dumbfounded by this bass. I don't get it, its a 34" scale bass, it isn't supposed to do this. I have no desire to take my other basses to gigs anymore.

Thanks to all you guys for posting your comments on this bass, it really helped me make the RIGHT choice this time. Thanks! (you all know who you are)

2. I am so sick of Sadowsky owners raving about their basses!

I am so sick of them saying how the bass sounds awesome, how the construction is impeccable, how the finish is gorgeous.

I am just so sick of Sadowsky 5 owners talking about how great their B sounds, even for a 34" scale bass.

Sadowsky owners, you really annoy me. I think you should all get together and buy me one JUST TO SHUT ME UP!

(Yeah, right...like THAT will work)

3. remember, the bass doesn't exist until we see pics :D

congrats btw

4. haha. nice mention here.. ^^

5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Yeah.... go for it... even more annoying us non-Sad owners!!! :mad:
    :D

The Metro line must be the thing to have these days... I'm dying to try one... but haven't got the money. So what am I talking about? :bawl:

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Thanks Guys. I'll have to dig my camera out and put up some pics. My schedule is nuts the next few days so maybe next week. I'll do some good close ups. Thanks for your congrats. Sorry about that one dude getting so SICK.

9. Congrats!

If you haven't played it in a rehearsal or gig situation yet, that is when it will really shine. I continue to be impressed with how well these basses sit in the mix and continue to get more complements from folks who know music on my Sadowskys than any other bass I've owned.

Jeff

10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Awesome. Play the heck out of it

Rob

11. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Congrats!!!!!
    You'll love the thing on the gig. Thats where it really shines.
    Also a bit of advice on the pre-amp (I wish someone had clued me in when I got my first Sadowsky).
    A little goes a long way.
    I set the passive tone control "back" about 25% and use the pre-amp very little.
    The low end on that thing is silly and the highs will really help it cut through but go lightly.
    This works for me, but the grand thing is, we're all different!! :D

12. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Well I have minor g.a.s. anyway. I started saving up for my Sad the first of this new year, then I saw a deal on a new skyline 55-01 and I pulled that darned trigger. I really needed a new 5er though and the quality, though maybe not Sadowsky quality, is still impressive. Need to start saving for my Sad all over again, from zero. I'll probably have to sell the 55-01 later to get there. Oh well, :meh: the quest continues. Oh BTW, Congrats to you sir, enjoy.

13. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Awww c'mon, tell us what your other bass is!

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads, Sadowsky delivers everytime. :hyper: :bassist:

15. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Glad you like your Metro. They're great basses. Enjoy!!

16. Tone
    Congradulations on a fine choice. My MV4 is superbly built like you described. There is little difference between it and my NYC PJ which I can't seem to put down :D

Shameless plug #3 or #4... Even though all you guys are gassin' for MV5, my MV4 is for sale on this site. Details on that post.

17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    "Muchos congratos"!!! ;)

I still plan to have a M5-24 one day..

:hyper:

18. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congratulations!, I second Mikebass's omments on the EQ, I use my pick-up blend as a tone control with very little boost from the pre. Good luck, you'll LOVE the bass, wait till you play it out and have all the Bassist in the crowd asking about it.