Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Setup: The Ghetto Years

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by strawburyfields, Aug 20, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

Here's my lovely setup. My makeshift amp that my friend Ray threw together for me. It consists of his old PA and my brother's speaker that I "borrowed" slash stole. :rolleyes: Meh, it works well enough. I'm still just starting out so until I can save up some money, or convince someone to buy me an actual amp, it'll do.

[​IMG]

Here's me "playing" my Peavey. Sorry the picture is off center. It's kinda hardish to take a picture of yourself. :hyper:

By the way I'm still taking any advice you have to help me. Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, it really did help alot. I'm having tons of fun with this. I'm glad I gave it a shot. :D

2. Hah, the ghetto years, thats funny. Hey whatever works for ya. My first amp was a squire 30 watt practice amp i got second hand for like 30 bucks canadian

3. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Great idea for now. That will get you through for a while. Many guitarists use that amp too. And they are pro's. Good luck.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hope that works for ya until you get a decent one. Get that battery connector fixed and it'll at least work :-X.
    Enjoy it, practice lots.