Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my first shots at computer recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by wotnwhy, May 7, 2004.

1. i've just finished recording some pieces with my new recording eqiupment and though i'd share them with you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/wotnwhymusic.htm

for those interested, this is the stuff i used:

OLP 5 string - sansamp RBI - phonic mixing desk - audiophile soundcard - cubase VST 4

this is my first attempt at computer recording, and they're both fairly long pieces (just over 4 minutes each) recorded in 1 go so they're not perfect, but hey.

let me know what you think!

Tom

2. Maybe it is just because I was listening with headphones but I noticed a fair bit of noise on those tracks (ie. hum or buzzing sound).

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Cubase, but I can tell you how I get rid of this noise using Cool Edit Pro. First, I will record a few seconds without playing so I can capture just the noise. Then, under their transform options they have an option for noise reduction. Under this option I can click "get a profile from this selection" and then save it. I can then open up what I had previously recorded and load that profile for this wave and it will remove all the unwanted noise. I'm sure Cubase has a similar feature.

3. thanks for that. there is a little noise on the tracks (i made the mistake of facing my monitor whilst recording, among other things), thanks for the tips. i'll have a look and see if cubase has a similar feature.

so what did you think of the tracks?

Tom