1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My First Sibelius Composition

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Digo, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Digo

Digo

Mar 14, 2006
    Edinurgh, Scotland
    Ok so me and my friends had a competition, we put loads of topics into a hat and pulled a paper ball out of the hat and we had to match a sibelius piece to the topic we picked, i got "The Rebel Elves" so i tried to make a piece that made you think of elves, my first proper composition so be gentle

http://www.zshare.net/audio/rebel-elves-mid.html

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I am thinking of old school video games like Legends of Zelda, so I guess it's correct?

OHHH and that Super NES game where you had to build fighting robots. I miss that game. Although it had nothing to do with Elves ;/

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
  4. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    I like it :D
    The beginning builds suspense, and that clickety clacky sounding "instrument" sounds evil in a Tim Burton kind of way. There's even a part there that reminds me of Shostakovich, around 0:40. I think it goes very well with the topic.

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

:)

at first, i thought this was some sort of tongue-in-cheek suggestion that the person should study up on some music theory....

i don't know which would've been funnier.

:D

but hey, good stuff! i say keep writing!

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    crap.... now it's stuck in my head.