1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first solo record is finally DONE and FREE to download today. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Justin V, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Today I turn 27. Yesterday, I officially declared my first solo record FINISHED after working on-and-off for five years on it.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

To celebrate, I'm releasing it online via BandCamp for FREE for the next 24 HOURS. If you're feeling generous, you can still name your own price, but if you just want to download the full album free of charge (in any format you want), now is the time to do it. Just go to our BandCamp Page and check it out.

:help:

If you like what you hear, I've also got a KickStarter going to help with the recording of my new EP. Any and all help you can give would be AMAZING and super-appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

~Justin

:bassist::bassist::bassist:
    P.S. Obligatory list of bass gear used on the record: 2000 MIM Jazz w/ EMG pickups => BBE B-Max Preamp => Avatar B112 cab => AKG D112 blended with DI out from B-Max.

Upright bass played by my friend Maia. Not sure about brand of bass, but I used a blend of the B-Max DI and a cheap MXL LDC mic of the acoustic sound of the bass.