Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my first sx

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Mar 23, 2005.

1. is being ordered on friday when i get paid :) i'm excited. except i still haven't decided whether i want the vintage while one with a p and j pickup or a black one that i found on ebay with a tort pickgaurd and new electronice and bridge...hmm same price...so torn.

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Don't know your situation, but you're not very far from Rondo, maybe about 1 1/2 hours (straight up the Pike & onto the GSP, exit 140) ... You should really try to get to the store, they have a lot of the basses there that you can try first-hand. You'll get a better feel for each one and they frequently have big discounts on floor models .... well worth the trip

3. wow i did not know that...in fact i'll go up this weekend in that case. thanks a lot!

4. thestevo

thestevo

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    Wow, I just realized that I'm only about 25 minutes away from Rondo Music. Thanks for the heads up...I was just thinking of ordering a SX, and now I can test em' out myself. :bassist:

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I too am about 20 minutes from Rondo, but admittedly have never been. Play before you buy, certainly great advice.