My first taste of warwick GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Aug 10, 2005.

1. you know, i have never really wanted a warwick, until i saw this one.

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    It's the Cream Reunion Jack Bruce bass.
    Limited series.

3. :p
  4. +1 I bet it weighs a ton, but i'd rock it any day of the week! :bassist:

but on a side note: (from the warwick page about the bass) "...and you have a neck is sharper than a Hatori Hansa sword!"

Why must warwick de-file ancient japanese culture? First with the "Katana :rollno: " and now misspelling HatTori HanZO. I bet the guy's rolling over in his grave....

anyway, bakc on topic :p
  5. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I like it too, I love the way Wals look. The 'wick headstock kind of ruins it, though.
  6. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    It's very sweet, but it's price range is gonna be like the Cruiser...:(
  7. i really want it, but two things are holding me back...
    1. it'll cost more than i am worth
    2. i am more into six string basses, and i've never seen the way an SG looks as a 6'er

but that is the most beautiful body i have ever seen...the wood..the pickups...that bridge...mmmm...thats a great combination! :bassist:
  8. You know I'm not a Warwick detractor (I own more than a few) and I also love my Wal basses so naturally the look did appeal to me somewhat... but there's something telling in the statement above. It's what Jack didn't say that is bothering me. For example, I understand that when Jack played a recent reunion concert this bass stayed on the stand behind him for most of the night and he pretty much stuck with his Thumb bass. So perhaps Jack loves the way it looks but didn't dig the sound too much?

I guess I'll have to wait until I get to try one (and hear it) in person before I make my own personal judgement. Plus, I understand that this model is very expensive. Just some food for thought...
  9. ...which is a Warwick-ised ripoff of JE's Alembic Spyder! :scowl:
  10. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    I think Jack liked the Thumb, but wanted to keep the vintage appeal of his older SG style Gibsons.

Personally i think you would have been better crossing a Bagel with a Warwick, because it looks pretty fugly to me :)
  11. Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    do u think more people would be interested in buying that SG type bass if it also came in a 5 string config? Imagine a 6 string version of that :)
  12. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Nah. Maybe if Gibson updated and brought out a newer version, but apart from that, why kill a classic with modern?