1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first tattoo!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lamonica78, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Ok, I've been posting this in a ton of other tattoo threads, but thought I'd create a new thread to show it off a bit :) I got it this past Sunday

So, if you've been following any of my other threads, I decided after much thought that I wanted something bass related and finally settled on the idea of having a music staff tattoo. I decided to go with THE song that inspired me to want to learn how to play the bass....it's meaningful to me and it's something that is NEVER going to change (New songs will always inspire me, but that is never go to change that fact that THIS particular song is what made me want to learn bass in the first place). That being said, I got the bassline to Led Zeppelin's "How Many More Times" tattooed.

I originally wanted it to sprial down the front and back of my arm, but most tat artists said it was extremely challenging due to so many parallel lines, so I had the artist come up with an alternate design and he nailed it. I am extremely happy with it. So without further ado.....(and yes, the beginning and end of the staff was designed to be a little 'squiggly')

IMG_0111.

2. Congrats! Getting that first bit of ink is exciting. Now comes a few weeks of aftercare and no doubt some ideas for the next design :)

3. Nice! I had actually considered doing something similar, though probably not as big. And just for reference, mine would be the break from "The Lemon Song".

4. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia

I considered that as well since it's one of my favorite Zep tunes....but I figured if I can't play it I probably shouldn't get it on my arm (though it probably would motivate me to finally sit down and learn that break, haha)

5. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Bump, just cause I like showing it off and want more comments :)

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Pretty cool :) Where'd you have that done? (I used to live in Philly.)

[​IMG]

Here's mine :bassist:

7. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Nice new tat, very well executed. I keep thinking I'd like a discreet P bass tat to go with my others, but can't decide where.

8. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Left butt cheek! haha. Seriously though, where and what are the other tats?

9. Notice how the staff makes an L and a Z, which are also the first letters of Led Zeppelin.:)

10. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Wow....to be honest, that is just a coincidence! That wasn't part of the original plan or discussion :)

11. I didn't think so since you didn't mention it. :cool: You'll have to tell the artist....maybe he knew..?

12. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    what song you put on the tat?

13. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I posted it up in my first post, but here it is again ;)

It's Led Zeppelin's "How Many More Times". It's THE song that inspired me to learn how to play bass

14. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Upper arms and they are all native american/first peoples designs, so a 1950's design bass could look somewhat out of place. I'm thinking shoulder, except I do like to look at them without the aid of a mirror.