Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My First Tool Experience

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SlavaF, Oct 7, 2002.

1. It was Awesome! I'd definitely go again.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. It was pretty good, I'd go again.

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It was all right, I might go with a friend again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It wasn't very good, I won't miss out on much.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It was friggin terrible! I wouldn't ever go again.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Carrots...:)

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Hello there, fellow bass players. Yesterday (October 6) I had the pleasure of seeing Tool live in concert. Lemme just say, it was plain AWESOME! I was on the floor (yes, maybe 15 meters from the stage) and it was great. Opening was Meshuggah, but they were so horrible I'm not gonna go there.

Anyway, They had this awesome intro, then Sober, The Grudge, (-) Ions, Stinkfist, H, Schism, Aenema, some 10 minute rumbly intermission, Disposition, Reflection, Triad (starting with an awesome 5 minute drum solo) and finally Lateralus.

The visuals were purely awesome, and Maynard was naked, covered in paint:eek: I didn't see much of Justin, but I could see Danny, Adam and Maynard for 2 hours. It was a school night, so lemme say that I was dead tired the next day. But it was all worth it!

(gasp)

So how about your Tool experiences? Tell us how it was; this will be a Tool concert discussion thread. (Miscellaneous IS the right forum, right?)

2. I'm seeing them October 21st in Indianapolis (anyone else from TB going?), and I can't wait. Too bad I have an 8:30 lab class the next morning, but that's life.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm goin' the 19th!

4. king22

king22

Jul 14, 2000
    middletown nj
    oct 29 fourth time YEAH!!!

5. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    I saw them at the Riviera Theatre in Chicago on May 19th, 2001. It was the pre-seminal tour, and they were playing four shows in the US before heading off to Europe in support of Lateralus. I waited in line 3 hours to get 2 tickets to see them. The Riviera in Chicago is very small (about 4000) people, and thats an overestimate, and tickets sold out in 30, count em - 30 seconds. Me and my friend behind me were the only people in a line of 75 that got tickets. Needless to say, the show was absolutely amazing, I was right in front of center stage, with only one or two people in front of me (to the stage) the whole time.

6. i'm going on the 16th of october! woohoo!

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    At my show, there was about 9000 people... it was about as large a crowd as the Eagles! Most of the people looked pretty freaky though... you know, the punks with the spiky dyed hair you see in punk music videos? It was wierd. Hopefully they come back soon...

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm seeing them the 8th of november. And don't dis meshuggah, at least realize they have more music in their pinky than your music lovin brain. if it sounded confusing, it's supposed to. but yeah,,,, tool, sweet goodness danny gets me pumped for some reason.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    tool! hell yeah!

i saw my first (but not last) tool show on august 5.

there, the venders were selling shirts for $30. i told my dad to hold out; i could find the shirts for half that over the internet.

long story short, i just got my shirt yesterday.

:mad:

10. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah... the shirts at my show were $40!!

But then again, it IS Canada so your shirts were damn expensive

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG]

12. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Want me to explain? So I will. Maybe I just don't like the hardcore/death metal stuff, but the "singer" guy just screamed for 40 minutes while his guitarists banged their heads and the bassist kept doing root notes. Maybe it's just me again, but I didn't like them one bit.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Fair enough, I suppose.

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    WHAT? well ok.... but i'm tempted to say something about that "PLayed nothing but root" comment.gustaf is the man.

15. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well, maybe they didn't play those songs!:D

Sorry if I offended you.

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh yeah man, i'm SOOO TICCKED!:D

Hey man, to each his own ya know? I understand why alot of people can't stand the metal bashing stuff.

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Which is why I said "Fair enough"

18. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow.

19. Brendan

Brendan