1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My first WARMOTH build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pappasgrind, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Goratory-sour grapes out now!!

Aug 13, 2009
    so ive decided after years of tossing the idea around im going to build a warmoth.
    specs are:

Black korina deluxe 5 j
    bubinga laminate

blood wood deluxe 5 neck
    wenge fretboard.

now my conundrum is this, the bass is going to have 18 mm string spacing at the bridge and the pickup routes are for 4'' neck pup and a 4'' 1/8 bridge. with this spacing could i use nordy NJ5F pickups as they have a size (according to best bass gear) Bridge = 4.10", Neck = 3.965". will they fit fine (i think so) and then will the coils line up?

2. The poles will be close, maybe not spot on, but they should still work fine.

3. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    but they should fit right?

4. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    What about the delano jmvc pickups they make them in "American standard" size? Would those fit?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021