Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Former Singer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Jun 9, 2004.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My old singer has just hit the studio the record his first full length cd. He's right now weighing his options with a few labels and I think he may actually go pretty far. Anyway, the reason I'm posing this is because he had studio musicians help him out on his demo and the bassist was pretty good, thought you guys might enjoy it. It's odd, because these are songs are songs I played on for years and now it's cool to hear another bassist's interpretation of how the lines should go.

www.gradym.com is the site.

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I like the uptempo tune (Morning) more than the ballads, though they are all good. This guy has a good voice for rock music. Would you be part of his touring ensemble?

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Possibly, he asked me, and if his label agrees I'll join him as soon as we have a clearer idea as to what is happening. I have only one show with him in the near future, after that, we'll see what happens.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I got a call last night that I'm going to be playing a few shows. The first one is at CBGB's in NYC on the 21st. I'm pumped.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's not up to them, it's his call. BTW, I also dig "Morning", it has a DMB feel to it. Good luck man.

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Yeah, I didn't know that then. But he wants me on board, so I'm happy. Both of us are really into DMB so it should work out pretty cool. Although we don't want to sound just like them obviously.

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Is that you playing the thumb 5???
    Is your friend wearing a Bubba Gump hat on the frontpage???

Good luck, that's great to hear you're playing at CB's

8. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Wow, you have some good eyes. Yeah that's me. I love that bass. I have no idea what kind of hat that is, haha.