Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My fretless P/MM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fookgub, Jan 20, 2006.

1. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG]

I've been meaning to get a picture of this bass for a while. It began life as a fretted Epiphone P-bass copy. Click here to read about the defretting adventure: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191897. The MM pickup is from a Cort SB10, and the bass is wired passive vol/vol/tone. At some point, I'd like to get a pickup that has 4-conductor wiring so I can install a series/parallel/single coil switch. I'm also going to experiment with piezos after I finish the guitar I'm refinishing.

2. :bassist: awesome, i'm jealous. white on black is one of the best colors for a p bass too

3. Just out of interest..why did you cover half of your P-Bass pickup with tape?

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

If the strings are too lose and they smack against the pickup without electrical tape it causes a Fieldy-like clack sound, which sounds like crap.

Plus, who doesn't love blue?

5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I love P/MM

show you mine:

[​IMG]

6. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yup. I have a pretty heavy touch, so the tape really helps (especially in dropped D). Also, blue is great. :)