1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Fretless Progress

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Jan 18, 2012.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hey guys. I bought one of those 5-string Gary Willis Ibanez sigs recently because it's awesome. Matte black gets me every time.

I've also been wanting to learn the fretless trade for a long time now. It definitely requires a more refined touch than picking on my Jazz demands, I tell ya. Here's how I'm progressing:

I've sort of surprised myself with how much I'm into it. I've always found fretless playing to be a bit cheesy, really.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    THAT bad, huh. :bag:

3. gleventhal

gleventhal

Nov 30, 2011
    Sounds good to me, through my laptop speakers (at work).. I mean, I can't speak on the intonation without more instruments, but I didn't hear anything that sounded way out to me, and you have good tone.. I am not sure the composition is my favorite thing, I didnt think the drums and bass went together that well, but strictly talking about the sound of your playing, I'd say you sound great! I would have liked to hear more of a groove, but that's just me!

4. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hmmm, you're right. I should stick in a synth comping chords to see how my intonation's doing for le next one. And a groove, you say... might have to look that up :D