1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Fretless RBXJM6 John Myung Sig...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jake15, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    The other day I was at Guitar Center shopping around for a new strap. It also just happened to be the same day they had a fretless version of the first John Myung Signature Bass hangin on the wall. The fretless RBXJM6 played extremely well and sounded better than my Stingray 5 in SOME (only some) settings! The bass was going for $899 but was dropped to 850 and they threw in a gig bag and some D'Addario strings. One ding behind the neck, no scratches, no signs of wear except beneath the low B in some areas closer to first position.

Long story short, I found out the defretting was done on the aftermarket (which I was never told at guitar center). It's a really nice defretting job but it leaves me thinking I could have gotten the bass for less...

I would love some input on this one...

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    If it's a nice bass, and you're satisfied with it, then I'd say don't fret about those details.
    I will also say congratulations! And some photos would be nice!

3. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    :eyebrow:

:p anyways, congrats on the bass! :bassist:

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Some pics of this bass would be very cool!

5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    needpics.

6. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    The pics will come soon... for now just imagine a normal teal rbxjm6 from far away.