my friend is annoying me (rant alert)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    when we first meta couple of years ago, we didnt really have any common interests. in fact we were kinda like opposites, especially when it came to music. all the bands i liked he didnt like. in fact he hated them, and said that they were "amateurs compared to blink182 and sum41". yeah ok. and also when we started hanging out, i had been playing bass for quite some time (about 6 yrs at that point) and jammed around alot in different bands. of course he thought playing bass was "a waste of time because guitar is SO much cooler you get all the chicks". yeah ok.

about a year into being friends, he changed overnight. all of a sudden, all the bands i loved he started to like. he would blurt out random facts about each one and i guess try to make it look like i didnt know as much as he did (who the hell cares if Anthony Kiedis lost his virginity when he was 13? yeah that kinda stuff) and he got all of their CD's and would always be playing them when i was around. and if that wasnt enough, he started to play bass. i had always played Stingrays so he went out and got one of those OLP knock offs and insisted that it was no different than mine and that it was a better made instrument. yeah ok man, i brush all this off because i didnt really care and i have other friends yay.

then it got worse. he is now dressing ALOT like me. i never drink soda, he has decided to do the same. and all of a sudden...he loves sushi. he now loves all of the movies i like. and heres the kicker: he is trying to replace me in a band that I AM FORMING. i have another friend who plays drums, and now bob is telling him that "i cant play bass for $#!@ and that he should be doing it instead". my 8 years against his 8 months? yeah ok man. my girlfriend can tear him to pieces and shes a guitar player.

bob is reminding me of that movie where the girl has an apartment and her roomate starts to act like her. creepy.

any suggestions on how i should deal with him. he thinks we're still "wicked tight" but i cant stand this kid. i tried talking with him about it but he "has no idea what im talking about". he's even starting to talk like me. i just want to throw him in front of a bus sometimes. usually i wouldnt care about this and just not talk to him or hang out with him, but he was probably one of the coolest people ever before he started acting like this.

by the way, everything in quotes are exact words that he has said.

thanks for letting me rant.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I was about to say that.

Kill him, before he tries to sleep with your girlfriend and then kill you.
  3. Oh my god. Itis like that 90's movie.

I used to have a friend like that.

In fact she still does that....she IMed me today and shes like "guess what becca, im straight edge!" and I was like "***, you got drunk yesterday!" and shes like "gawdsh, becca. I though u would be happy now that I'm following your "religion" thing"

I don't know what to say, besides, you play better than him. You always will. He has guitar blood in him.
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    He must be an alien.

Remember, kill shot to the back of the neck. But also note, the green blood is poisonous.

Has he answered his door looking like this?

5. Tell him your gay and nobody else, then if he follows suite then tell everyone who hates homosexuals that hes gay, then they beat him up and problems solved.

By the way no offense intended towards homosexuals, but I saw this in a movie so it could work ya know.

Or he could be an alien that was sent to study you, then replace you, so beware, always wear a protective helmet around him so he doesnt read your mind, I suggest tin foil.
  6. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Start doing stuff you would never usually do and see if he follows. Get some sprite, empty it, put water in it and be like, yeah I drink soda now. And if he follows suit you can point it out to him. Just be very direct and tell him he is a creepy alien.
  7. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    haha an alien. thats a good explanation and you might be possible.

and you know something, i think he does have the hots for my girlfriend. maybe i should kill him. but i like that idea of doing my usual routine differently and seeing what he does even better. i dont know why i didnt think of that sooner. genius man, genius.
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    No maybe about it, kill him. Seriously.
  9. Refrain from phsyical violence until he steals your girl, god boy you better cut his ****ing balls off, I would........muwhahahahaha
  10. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    too messy to do myself.

i have a friend whose father i think is in the mafia (related to Al Capone). maybe i can get bob whacked.
  11. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Man you got some good connections.

12. Yeah but whackings cost a **** load of money, I tried to have the dudes from creed whacked when I was in High School, and I sure as hell didnt have 50,000 dollars.
  13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i cracked up reading this, it's just too weird.
    he's really ur evil clone ;)
  14. This was an episode of Drew Carey once, with sort-of-funny-but-sort-of-not David Cross trying to become Drew.

Just kill him. No one would notice.
  15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Charles where are you located in MS?
  16. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    There is a Spongebob Squarepants episode that addresses this very problem. You might fake enlisting in the Navy. That will teach him!

17. Gulfport, why?
  18. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Just there isn't many Mississippians on TB, rcz is the only other that I know of.

19. Yeah , most Mississipians are still in the civil war, much less exploring the web.

By the Way , do you work in brandon , Where do you work ??
    I used to live in Pearl , but found the coast was much better.
    Did you go to Brandon High???
  20. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Schlotsky's Deli in Brandon/Pearl, it's on Lakeland/Hwy 25 (sophmore college student). Went to Gulfport on a field trip in middle school. Saw the nuclear plant, big whoop :scowl: .

I went to NWR, by the way.

Keep in touch, man. Mississippians are few and far between on TB.