1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My friend Jeff, drummer / soundman

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Jan 16, 2003.

1. This is just a little tribute, and brief introduction, to my drummer / friend / sound guru Jeff.

Jeff and I have been in a band together since May of 2002. I’ll never forget when we auditioned him for the first time. He ‘sees’ music the same way I do - it’s all about good feel, good tone, and making the band sound good.

Jeff is also professional sound tech / engineer. When the national acts come to our town, he is usually involved, collectively or on his own. He sets up front-of-house, monitors, lights, anything upstream or downstream of the console.

His resume includes (keep in mind, this is only a fraction of the acts):

Martina McBride
    Toby Keith
    LL Cool J
    Geoff Tate
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Bruce Hornsby
    Les Claypool

Last night, he setup and mixed Arlo Guthrie. I stopped by the venue, just before the show, to say hi. I must admit, I cannot think of another career I would enjoy more, than doing what Jeff does. (Besides playing bass, that is…) To me, live pro audio is fascinating and I learn more from Jeff every time we play. For a living, he does what he loves – playing drums and live sound.

Just thought I’d share.

b

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I'd love to have that job. Maybe after I finish college and decide that I don't want to do anything with my mechanical engineering degree. If my grades were better I would have already transferred to college that offers a sound engineering degree program.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    You guys must have awesome sounds at your shows.

4. ;)