Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My friend Jeff, drummer / soundman

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Jan 16, 2003.

1. This is just a little tribute, and brief introduction, to my drummer / friend / sound guru Jeff.

Jeff and I have been in a band together since May of 2002. I’ll never forget when we auditioned him for the first time. He ‘sees’ music the same way I do - it’s all about good feel, good tone, and making the band sound good.

Jeff is also professional sound tech / engineer. When the national acts come to our town, he is usually involved, collectively or on his own. He sets up front-of-house, monitors, lights, anything upstream or downstream of the console.

His resume includes (keep in mind, this is only a fraction of the acts):

Martina McBride
    Toby Keith
    LL Cool J
    Geoff Tate
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Bruce Hornsby
    Les Claypool

Last night, he setup and mixed Arlo Guthrie. I stopped by the venue, just before the show, to say hi. I must admit, I cannot think of another career I would enjoy more, than doing what Jeff does. (Besides playing bass, that is…) To me, live pro audio is fascinating and I learn more from Jeff every time we play. For a living, he does what he loves – playing drums and live sound.

Just thought I’d share.

b

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I'd love to have that job. Maybe after I finish college and decide that I don't want to do anything with my mechanical engineering degree. If my grades were better I would have already transferred to college that offers a sound engineering degree program.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    You guys must have awesome sounds at your shows.

4. ;)