1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My friend made it....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by millsbass5, Dec 14, 2011.

1. A friend of mine recently won America's Got Talent,and secured himself a deal with Sony Records. He's very quickly becoming a highly-paid staple on the Las Vegas strip. He'll have those Vegas gigs as long as he wants'em. Talk about financial security. What's crazy is,he doesn't have much gigging experience,at all! Ain't that something? A crooner from W.Virginia. Couldn't happen to a better guy,for sure. And,he's stayed more than humble through the whole ordeal. Good for him.

Check it out:

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., @ America's Got Talent 2011 New York Auditions - YouTube

Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. - Ain't That A Kick In The Head - YouTube

2. Just watched both videos. He's very good, and I wish him congratulations.

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    What a great story.
    He will never have to wash a car again, unless he wants to.

4. Excellent job. :hyper: Good to see people who can really sing.

My only question is, this is an american show, about american talent. Why do they have 2 Brits and a Canuck as judges?? ;)

5. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Now He's gots some pipes....

6. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

In case you have not noticed we are basically an insecure people who seek validation or authentication beyond ourselves; therefore, only others can judge whether we have talent or not.

edit: Hey Steve! Landau did good, son!

7. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    Yowsah! :hyper:

8. I just love it when he sings in front of people that's never heard him sing before. Because he doesn't "fit the mold" of the type of music he does. He's just as good at classic/Southern rock,R&B,Funk,etc. He's just a well-rounded musician,with his voice as his instrument. I'm gonna have to ask him about his Death Metal chops,though.......

9. Wow makes you feel good. Congratulations to your buddy. Well deserved!!

10. slaps76

slaps76

Jul 10, 2008
    Medford, MA
    Amazing! Has he ever performed at all, karaoke, ect.? Im always surprised when someone that good has no real experience. So cool how he "came out of nowhere," and to see how emotional it was in the first clip.

11. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I watched every episode of that show this season and thought he was very deserving to win and has a great voice. What else I liked was that he was a very sincere, humble, nice guy who was also a great family man. Way to go!

12. He played with a local band for 6 months or so. And,he'd do the karaoke thing at the local VFW. I heard him doin' a little karaoke during one of our breaks at a gig. So hell,I asked him if he'd like to sit in on a song,or two. Huh,come to think of it,he's the only one the band has asked because we liked what we heard.

The other people we've asked people to sit-in? Guys who's ego writes checks that their talent can't cash,just to get a good laugh!!! I love doin' that.:D:bassist::D

13. That's awesome.

14. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Congratulations to your friend , seems like he is having a lot of fun :)