Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My friend Maia "Gets Naked"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Justin V, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Ok. Now that I've got your attention (perverts ;) ). I did this song with my friend Maia "Papaya". She wrote, sang and played clean guitar. I used GarageBand for recording and drums. I'm on bass and distorted guitar. Just note, the song is about getting naked... in a fun way. Well, it speaks for itself. Feedback is more than welcome!!!

Maia "Papaya" and Justin Vanegas - Get Naked

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Fun song. Sounds like a good idea. E-mail me pics!!! J/k.

Actually, the barenaked ladies always recorded one song at least on each album completely naked. No idea why. Guess it worked for them.

Edit: i meant pics of Maia. She sounds cute. I guess if you felt the need, you could send me pics of you.... but .........................

I'd better not travel either of those roads. Ah, forget it. No pics please. *Looks in mirror with following expressions::eyebrow: :rolleyes:*

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Oh I could show you pics.... Not of her or me. and there wouldn't be any nudity. But I could show you pics!!!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It seems like her voice goes flat a couple of times. Her style and voice remind me of the 80's. Also, it sounds weird when she says "Tuesday" in the opening line. On the upside, good job on the bass!

brad cook