Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My friend was shot dead....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Jan 31, 2003.

1. I just wanna share this with ya. A few weeks ago I heard a terrible news from a friend of mine who's in Vancouver, that one of my music student was killed in a shooting. It happened in burnaby/coquitlam, near lougheed mall area. My friend Chris was playin Counter Strike in a game center and won, he went on and type "you suck, you suck" to the loser's team computer(its a network game)...apparently those people went over to him, and drag him outside and beat him up, and shot him. He was only in his late teens.......:(

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Good God! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. There have been many instances of people getting carried away while playing these types of games and carrying the violence over to reality. They really get wrapped up in it. Some police officers think that some gamers have started gangs that actually meet and fight other gamers.

3. i am so sorry to hear about your friend. i just do not understand why people do what they do. and over a game no less. prays go out to you and his family.:(

4. God Almighty, that is so horrible! :mad: :(

I don't know what else to say.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Arvidgunardi.

Mike

I really don't know what the world is coming to. :confused:

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Un-Freakin-Believable!
    Over video games:confused: I just don't understand,
    I feel for ya A, I'm so sorry for your loss.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    That's absolutely terrible!

I'm so sorry to hear that arvidgunardi! Just a senseless waste of life, over a video game? And we have the cheek to call ourselves the 'developed countries'!

My deepest sympathies to you and for the rest of his frineds and family. :(

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Omfg, that's unbelievable. I'm sorry to hear about that.

#60.

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Sorry to hear that. That is terrible. What a world we live in.

9. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    This is really scary that some people can't tell the difference between a game and reality. There's no restart button in life.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :mad: I cannot believe that!! I hate this new way of thinking where it is so damn nessicary to "defend your pride" to such an extent that you would shoot someone so young over something so damn stupid.

This is not a way I wanted to start my morning :(

It's because of things like this that I believe there has to be a heaven or something close to it. For people who were robbed of their lives :( Ugh, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about this and I don't even know the kid. I can only imagine how you feel arvidgunardi. :( This is terrible.

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That way of thinking is not new at all, far from it.

12. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    That is aweful. Some people just can't get in touch with reality. I hope they are convicted to the extreme.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that is horrible, my condolences :( :mad:

14. Thanks for the condolences. I felt so bad looking at the funeral pics sent to me by my friend...and the lost the mother had to endure. Most of the people who came for the funeral looked so young...what a waste.....:( Apparently it seems to be a gang related shooting; sad thing was Chris wasn't a gang member....just messes with the wrong guy i guess.....but that is STILL not a reason to kill anyone!!!

15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That is terrible. My condolences.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    damn! why can't these cats that hang at net-cafes learn!!! this is like the 17th killing I've heard coming happening at a net cafe!

I'm terribly sorry for your lose, I can't believe it, thats just so horrible :( :(

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is sad. I certainly hope that the police find the ones responsible and that they get at least life in prison.

18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    man, that was in vacouver? wow, i hate to hear that kind of thing anywhere, but especially in canada - they've made some pretty extreme anti-gun laws up there to fight this specific thing. it's terrible that they didn't work in this case.

my condolences about your friend, arvidgunardi. that's a terrible thing.

20. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    incredible story. i am really sad about that.