Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My friend would like to know...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SnowBaby518, Jan 12, 2004.

1. SnowBaby518

SnowBaby518 Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Southern Cali- US of A
    Hey!My friend also plays guitar..But she doesn't play bass,she plays acoustic and electric,but she was wondering if she could still come and hang out,and if we kinda talk about other types of guitars?? (I'm new,so I can't answer this..heh)Thank You!

-Stacey

2. oh boy, more on the way...

fun...

:meh:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Regulators!

Mount up!

Circle the wagons boys!

-Mike

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Stacey, hate to break it to you, but it's called TalkBASS for a reason. It's a place to talk about bass, not a teen hangout. There are plenty of other musian forums on the net for general congregation.

5. Stacey, I had a gut feeling you were here for someting other than TALKBASS.

This isn't a teenie bopper, hang out chatroom, kind of forum.

Some of us actually play Bass for a living and find this forum to be insightful, as well as entertaining.

I would prefer that you keep your "hanging out and kinda talk about other types of guitars" on another forum........maybe....
    http://www.teentalk.com/

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. PLAYIN' SOME GOOD OL' HONKY TONK ON MAH GEETAR STREENGZ!:D

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    MusicianForums.com would be a most excellent place for you to check out. It is not a bass only site, all of your posse could kick it there.

Or try TabCrawler...someone? the sign please? come on. :)

-Mike

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    It's been inquired before if it would be a good idea to get rid of off topic, to lessen the odds of a teen hangout. The consensus was, that eliminating OT would just move the crap into other forums.

Maybe we should start a "Teen whining" forum, so it will maybe stay out of OT as well? They might not post in there voluntarily, but if us mods move enough of their threads there, maybe they will get the point :D

Seriously, it is a free country, but this site is designed for bass players, not a free for all chat. Of course it is a good place to come learn about the instrument if you're looking to pick it up, but coming here just for the entertainment value, and no desire to learn BASS is crap, IMO of course.

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    tb isn't for your your little buddies to come chat about guys and guitars. i don't know what "punk" or "preppy" clique your rollin with, but you people must be destroyed :ninja:.

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    YOu guys are harsh. We've got guys who play other instruments that hang out here, but they respect the site for what it is - a place for bass players to get together. If your friend is happy to respect that and thinks she can contribute musically, bring her along. If she knows nothing about bass and plans to be annoying, then that's a different story. But I don't think that's the case. If it was they wouldn't bother asking permission would they?