Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Funk Band's EP MP3s

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Hello people, we finally got our little demo finished on Thursday and it went on sale last night at our gig, which was also pretty good. Anyway, some of you have heard me only in a noodle-miester solo bass context, so I thought you'd like to hear me doing my job for once and being a bass player.

These are just sample clips - but you get the idea - hope you like it: :)

http://www.munkio.com/music/jasco/sounds/home.html

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Now we´re talking!!!!

:hyper:
    How cool, relaxed, groovy and yet sometimes light when duty calls for it. Fantastic stuff man. Great drums and bass. The first what came up to me was soulful feeling a la Erica Badu....... give your singer a great compliment. The whole band by the way.

Also a very little jealous feeling...... you give me the feeling you would be getting at North Sea Jazz in the future..... but that´s my enthousiasm I think. You wouldn´t be misplaced in that league though....

I DIG IT BIG TIME.... and I don´t say this often to bands so it´s not of an obligatory pleasing mood. ;)

(BTW... I would appreciate if you would give some feedback about our demo of our band, Hedone... a few topics below this one.)

3. Cheers Teng - I'm pleased the way these tracks have come out as well - as I haven't heard them since we played them live about two months ago. All the instruments, aside from the sax and vocals, are LIVE - with no overdubs - we're playing even better now, thanks again - I checked out of your MP3s, the Jaco one, which sounded really nice - but I couldn't find your band's stuff - PM me with a link.

M

4. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Sounds good, I'm into it. You're definately in the pocket on 'Coming Up'. Did you record with the Thumb?

5. Yes - the Thumb is my primary funk-machine, so totally reliable in this kind of situation - M

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    This...is so good. You guys are totally, and completeyl funking out. I'm really tempted to buy the CD, actually! Would you guys ship one to Canada?

7. Govithoy,

I'll send you a CD no problem - there's a ton of nice stuff on there that is just too nice to give away free! PM me - I have a Pay Pal account so you can send me cash that way if it's easier...PM me and let me know.

M :)

8. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    You've got a pm man... it's here below in the forum, but don't feel obliged.

9. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    The quality of the production is excellent.A finely balanced sound and all credit to the studio mechanics.Very good singer and overall contribution from each musician is very nicely balanced.It's funk and reminds me a bit of early Level 42 in the Brit-funk era early 80's.When are you playing in Scotland, Urb?!

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    oooh la la. you never cease to impress me. I'm especially diggin' Whappa. Can't say Baby Blam is my thing but I'll be singing it for a while... ;) King's Cross is pretty wcked too. I want one :p but it'd be kinda complicated to like mail u money or a money order or whatever! But if I'm ever in the UK I so have to make it to a show.

Keep on funkin!

11. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Mike, marry me?... Your singer can come along too.

12. Thanks again fellas - and Will, I'm already taken mate, sorry...

13. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Im digging this stuff a lot! Summa is my favorite so far I think. The mixes are great, love the flute in there, singer is awesome ect ect. Cant really think of anything benificial to say in a criticism, good stuff hehe :)

14. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I like it too.
    Sounds very professional to my ears. It`s pretty well mixed.
    I`d like to get one copy, can you ship to Argentina ?

15. I'm happy to ship a copy anywhere - as long as we have some way of exchanging some dollars / pounds for the CD - PM if you are interested - we can work something out for sure - thanks for the feedback - really glad you like it - it sounds good for a pretty much 100% live recording... :hyper:

16. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    PM and payment sent.

17. I was impressed by your playing and your band. Somes very nice grooves in there. Wish I could check you guys out live sometime.

18. Cheers Jackyl - maybe we'll get a little US tour together next year - that's if we can get IN to the country carrying a bass and stuff...thanks again dude.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Baby Balm & Sunna rocks! I'd love to get a copy. Are they for sale?

20. Yo Woodchuck - if you'd like a copy of the CD PM me and we'll sort it out - the full versions are really rather tasty! ;)