My future SKYLINE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My dad owns Rainbow Music, a music store around here, and when I told him about the skyline he told me he could order laklands. So today he called lakland and they said that they'd be running a deal on deluxe skylines soon (retail $1200) but they could give him the deal now. So I'll be getting my brand new deluxe skyline for $500!!! This isn't the one but I want this color
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wow, that's a damn good deal!

Here's the Skyline I want. ;)
  3. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    How much are you going to get that for? $500.
  4. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Now I need to decide- maple or rosewood fretboard? What are the differences?
  5. To me, rosewood is 1000 times better.
    Maple=brighter but slippery IMO
    Rosewood=Not as bright but much more comfortable
    I would choose rosewood.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I would also get rosewood, not only for the reasons above, but aesthically speaking, IMO, it looks so much nicer.
  7. I'm gonna be the different guy.

I've tryed a 55-01 w/ a maple board....and it's incredibly good. I felt the fretboard feel was much better, the satin style finish on the maple board is better feeling than the sticky rosewood feel. Just remember, this was basses at a store. So they might have had some odd fingers on em.

Maple = Crimefighter.
  8. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Maple for the brighter modern rock, slap and pop sounds. Rosewood for warm old-school finger sounds. . .

I like maple all around.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not the 55-01. My wife's 55-01 Deluxe is not slippery at all. The neck and fingerboard have a satin finish, almost like a Musicman. No slipperyness at all.

I always prefer maple over rosewood for tone.
  10. Hope you will like your's as much as I like mine.

Mine is the same as the one in those pics. For those who have been waiting for my pics. Soory still haven't been able to get a hold of a digital camera.

Hope to have some sound clips soon guys.:rolleyes: