Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My future SKYLINE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolph, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My dad owns Rainbow Music, a music store around here, and when I told him about the skyline he told me he could order laklands. So today he called lakland and they said that they'd be running a deal on deluxe skylines soon (retail $1200) but they could give him the deal now. So I'll be getting my brand new deluxe skyline for $500!!! This isn't the one but I want this color
    http://www.access-bass.com/55-01cherryburst.html

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Wow, that's a damn good deal!

Here's the Skyline I want. ;)
    [​IMG]

3. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    How much are you going to get that for? $500.

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Now I need to decide- maple or rosewood fretboard? What are the differences?

5. To me, rosewood is 1000 times better.
    Maple=brighter but slippery IMO
    Rosewood=Not as bright but much more comfortable
    I would choose rosewood.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would also get rosewood, not only for the reasons above, but aesthically speaking, IMO, it looks so much nicer.

7. I'm gonna be the different guy.

I've tryed a 55-01 w/ a maple board....and it's incredibly good. I felt the fretboard feel was much better, the satin style finish on the maple board is better feeling than the sticky rosewood feel. Just remember, this was basses at a store. So they might have had some odd fingers on em.

Maple = Crimefighter.

8. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Maple for the brighter modern rock, slap and pop sounds. Rosewood for warm old-school finger sounds. . .

I like maple all around.
    LM

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not the 55-01. My wife's 55-01 Deluxe is not slippery at all. The neck and fingerboard have a satin finish, almost like a Musicman. No slipperyness at all.

I always prefer maple over rosewood for tone.

10. Hope you will like your's as much as I like mine.

Mine is the same as the one in those pics. For those who have been waiting for my pics. Soory still haven't been able to get a hold of a digital camera.

Hope to have some sound clips soon guys.:rolleyes: