Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my G.A.S.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mind Eroded, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    I was at sam ash today and saw a used MIJ fender p-bass in sunburst with a maple neck. I played it and automatically loved the nice round bright tone. Its pretty dinged up, not to the point of it being ugly, but its got its fair share of love marks. SA are selling it for $450. I looked up the serial number on the bass online and found out its 1989-1990 series. This really made me wish i hadnt just spent all my money on an MIM jazz last month :bawl: , but i might sell it and buy this one since i feel the p bass tone cuts through better in a band environment. any advice?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MIJ Fenders are sweet. Way sweeter than MIMs and up to par with Americans.

3. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    +1

4. Mind Eroded

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    bump

5. Mind Eroded

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    would somebody be able to tell me if this is a good deal or not..i hate to revive this thread since nobody seems to respond with decent advice but im seriously considering buying it... :confused:

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'd offer them $350. There was a MIJ P- at a local Guitar Center for $350 in great, near perfect condition not too long ago.

7. Yeah, that seems like a reasonable deal. I paid a hundred more for my MIA Jazz. If you like it and can afford it go for it. I played my teacher's 1970s era Fender Precision and loved the feel of the maple neck and finger board that I have been eyeing something like it myself. It has a nice sound. The MIJ are also supposed to be very well built (but I don't know about that time frame). Some people think that they are even better than the MIA as far as consistent quality goes...