Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My G&L 2000 showed up today! Whoo!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, about 4:00 PM today, the FedEx man left a rather large package at the door while I was napping.

Then, about 4:30, I got all the packaging off (talk about protective packing!), and there sat my new/used G&L L2000 in three tone sunburst finish.

OH MY GOD. This is a flawlessly finished bass, with a neck that's like butter to my large hands. Talk about a tone monster. Past 45 minutes I've been running through them, and I still haven't gotten them all down. Whoa momma.

I know the TB rules, Pics will come as soon the camera gets back home (with my stepdad at the moment). So don't yell at me just yet.

And, I don't think I'm gonna string this BEAD. I have an Ibanez ATK coming next week, and that'll be strung BEAD most likely. This thing is too much fun for me, and I don't want to risk messing up the fun. OSHC, shammy rag, set of Dean Markley strings, the truss rods and original materials...oh wow. I'm in love.

:D

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pics (from Angelfire...if we get the Red Xs of doom I'll post them from my computer).

Pics Now in page 2.

3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Sweet!

My favorite bass - congrats!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Sweet bass brendan, ive always been a fan of G&L stuff.....sure, it's no ATK, but seeing as how your getting one pretty soon anyways, WHO CARES? Nice score(s)!

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That's sweet. I knew you had bought one, but I didn't know what finish... that's great.

What settings are you liking so far?

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's sooo nice. Had to take a small break. This thing slays me. Just about any setting does me right. I dig having a P ish tone, and with the flick of a switch, I can do a sorta jazz tone while still having a nice wide neck. It's just beefy enough to be a P, and fast as all hell. I'm also impressed with the fretjob. Kicks the hell outta my Ibanez's.

KickASS.

:D

7. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Congrats, they're cool basses.

8. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Gasp! Wheez! (GAS attack)!;)

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Somehow I knew you'd react like this.

Congrats on the killer bass.

Peace
    Nick

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thus far my favorite setting are:

Neck, Series, Active/w Treble Boost, Treble cut
    Neck/Bridge, Series, Active, everything open full
    Passive, Neck, Series, Treble cut
    Bridge, Parallel, Active, everything open full.

11. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Great looking bass, Brendan! If you head up to the ATL gathering, I'd love to see that one there! But be careful with that ATK on the way...you don't want the L-2000 to start feeling lonely! My Jazz and Roscoe have been feeling pretty lonely lately because of my ATK!

12. beefhaus2000

beefhaus2000

Sep 25, 2002
    New Jersey
    G&Ls are the shiz. I got 2 of them...and a pretty slick ATK as well...

13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Very nice, I love bursts.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    had a pretty slick ATK. :D

What models do you have?

15. beefhaus2000

beefhaus2000

Sep 25, 2002
    New Jersey
    I guess you're right.

I got an old skool El Toro and an SB1. I also had a L1500

16. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Congrats on the sweet buy Brendan. I know you will enjoy that monster.. you lucky bastardo :cool:

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was looking at those El Toros at the Bass Palace. Pretty cool.

An SB-1 was the first G&L I've played. My old guitar player owned one. Very nice bass. And, as luck would have it, I played a 1500 (strangely enough, also sunburst...) the other day. I was very much impressed with it, and much relieved that when my 2000 arrived, it too would kick ass.

You have quite a little stable of G&L goodness there.

18. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    YOU got his ATK with the koa top?! And and L-2000? AAARRGGHHH!!! I HATE YOU!!! :mad:

:D Man, I really hope you're making it up to ATL now! I should finally make this one!