Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Gallien Kruegar 2000RB @#$%$$$!!! AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TCollins, Sep 5, 2000.

1. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    Half way through the night...playing at moderate volume, right in the middle of a song---NOTHING! I turned the damned thing off...turned it back on only to hear the miserable thing start making weird popping noises.
    Back in March I had problems -sent it to GK---got it back June 1st---Played GREAT until Sept. 1st---now it's worse than ever!!! Boys, I think I got a lemon. It's back at the dealer where I bought it April '99! Should I give it another chance--OR DUMP IT???
    Thank you for listening!!!

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Get a Workhorse.. Get an AMPEG!!

(or a peavey)

3. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Since you asked ... get rid of it.

There's too much good equipment available to put up with that kind of grief.

Good Luck.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I agree, get rid of it.

5. I've heard a bunch of poor reports on newer GK equipment. I get it from dealers; saying that the guys at GK are arrogant and hard to work with, as well as players that say the stuff is just not reliable.

I looked at a 700RB 210 and the hiss on that thing was SO distracting! I have a 17-year-old 400RB that hasn't given me ANY grief since I bought it, but my understanding is that the company integrity and the product aren't what they used to be.

In short, dump it! Depending on what style you play, you know what manufacturers to check out. A lot of bassists are coupling preamps with power amps if you need the big wattage.

Hope this helps.