Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My GAS has come to an end...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moptoptony, Nov 23, 2003.

1. I just bought a 1996 Fender '75 Jazz Bass Reissue off of eBay. I'm the happiest boy in the world. Yay for me!!! :D :D :D

[​IMG]

2. Awesome dude......enjoy your find!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    She sure is a looker, but your title is fallacious...it'll come back.
    I also think that a plain black/white/black pguard would look mighty sharp, but that's just me.
    Enjoy!

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Could you tell me how much you paid? I have a similar ax that i am considering selling and am wondering on the going price.

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Nice bass, but I've learned to add the words "for now" to any derivative of the sentence "GAS has come to an end".

6. Sweet looking bass, hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Now this is probably a stupid and over asked question, but would somone please expand the apparant acronym GAS?

[/|\]

7. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    GAS stands for "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". It could also stand for "Gosh! A Samick", but I've never encountered that here.

8. ahhh that ... well i have a definite list ... pricy but definite ... 4003, rubber bass and a Gibson LP. After that i should be set. At least instrument wise ... effects and amps are a totaly different story ... my Squier Champ 15 guitar amp has been serving me well and i havne't bothered shopping around for a new amp ... but who knows ... i may go all out and try for a Fender Cyber series ... hmm i wonder if running a bass through one of those will blow it up ...

[/|\]

9. Beeeeeutiful Good Luck, Good Jommin' Mon!

10. Sorry for the holdup, Fred. I paid $550 by means of Buy It Now.

And Kevin, I was actually thinking about trying to find a tortoise-shell pickguard.

More Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Wow! That's clean (except the tuners--what's up with that?). Nice find.

IMO any bass that has a pickguard should ship with a Black/White/Black one installed. They look so damn nice.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Seem's someone with some pretty rough hands tuned that thing. Has anyone heard of hand cream?

13. ...or soap?

Yeah, those things are a bit gooky looking. I might just give 'em a good ol' rubbing down with a cloth when I get it...

14. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Congrats, love the sunburst finish. PLAY THE HELL OUT OF IT !!

:bassist:

15. WATCHTHECHORD

WATCHTHECHORD

Oct 28, 2003
    NewYork
    Or for NINO-BROWN G.A.S can mean Get Another Sadowsky......nice bass!

16. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    REALLY NICE LOOKING MAN!! That sunburst looks classic, I don't like pickguards though. That looks awsome, good price too, have fun :D ;)