Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My genz benz gbe400 (help please)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by felch182, May 26, 2005.

1. felch182

felch182

May 26, 2005
    Ok so here is the deal, i went and bought one of these babies with a gb ls410t cab. The only problem is it is not loud, i mean my 50 watt is close to being louder, so what have i done wrong, have i put the jacks into wrong input, im really confused, cheers. :confused:

2. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    I have a GBE400. Can you post a pic? If not can you at least describe what kind of cable(s) you're using and which jacks everything is plugged into? Also did you check your gain? I keep my gain at about 4 o'clock and that's perfect for my Stingray5, no need for it to be any higher. Also are you using an active or passive bass? If you're using passive make sure you don't have the switch on the amp set to active, that'll kill your signal. Let me know

3. felch182

felch182

May 26, 2005
    im sorry but i dont know how to post a pic, the cable i am using is just a srtandard cable the dude at the music shop gave me, its not an instrument cable. The active switsh is always of, as i am using a passive bass, the gain is the knob on the left hand side next to the input, is it not. thanks for the quick reply

4. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Yes the gain knob is on the left side of the amp right next to the tuner output. It says "gain" right under it, so it's hard to miss it. If you haven't figured anything out yet email me a pic or two (that way you dont have to try to figure out how to post one). My email is bhess16@hotmail.com

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    What cabinets are you using and where have you got all your cables plugged in to?