my gift to you custom dreamers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jan 15, 2004.

1. I went through the trouble of scaling down the dimensions of 4, 5 and 6 string basses to come up with these templates. I got the idea after getting tired of using a straight edge to come up with bass concepts... these are 34 inch scale length with 24 frets (precise lengths) reduced six times. Hope you enjoy them.

2. safetypin_sick

safetypin_sick Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Gunnar My Roomate Love ya
  3. wow thats a good idea, ill try to come up with some kinda original design with it. thanks :)
  4. yeah, I'm coming up with a more elabrate template, which is becoming more of a blue print so I can figure out how much room I need for the electronics to work into the design. I'll post it when I'm done.
  5. heh, Hey Jillian... Chose the wrong thread to introduce yourself. ;)

This is Jillian, one of my friends... She plays bass for a chick punk band and sings.
  6. Here's the wierdest bass you've seen since the 70's...

- 32" scale

- Three pickups.

- Two self made humbucking pickups with coil tap and ground leads, high output quater pounder ceramic magnet design at front and rear positions. One seymore ducan quarter pounder single coil p-bass at middle.

- 5 way selection switch rigged for: front and bridge, front and middle, middle only, middle and rear, all on full.

- Two DPDT switches for coil selection of each humbucker: front coil, both coils, rear coil.

- Concentric volume for humbuckers, single volume for single coil.

- Push pull tone control with treble choke.

- Diecast bridge and tuners.

- Straight headstock with string tree.

- Brass Nut.
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ooo, that's saved on my HD! I'm doing a focus program (1 semester, 4 credit course) next year in grade 12 that's centered around guitar/bass making. Thanks!