Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my gift to you custom dreamers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jan 15, 2004.

1. I went through the trouble of scaling down the dimensions of 4, 5 and 6 string basses to come up with these templates. I got the idea after getting tired of using a straight edge to come up with bass concepts... these are 34 inch scale length with 24 frets (precise lengths) reduced six times. Hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]

2. safetypin_sick

safetypin_sick Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Gunnar My Roomate Love ya

3. wow thats a good idea, ill try to come up with some kinda original design with it. thanks :)

4. yeah, I'm coming up with a more elabrate template, which is becoming more of a blue print so I can figure out how much room I need for the electronics to work into the design. I'll post it when I'm done.

5. heh, Hey Jillian... Chose the wrong thread to introduce yourself. ;)

This is Jillian, one of my friends... She plays bass for a chick punk band and sings.

6. Here's the wierdest bass you've seen since the 70's...

[​IMG]

- 32" scale

- Three pickups.

- Two self made humbucking pickups with coil tap and ground leads, high output quater pounder ceramic magnet design at front and rear positions. One seymore ducan quarter pounder single coil p-bass at middle.

- 5 way selection switch rigged for: front and bridge, front and middle, middle only, middle and rear, all on full.

- Two DPDT switches for coil selection of each humbucker: front coil, both coils, rear coil.

- Concentric volume for humbuckers, single volume for single coil.

- Push pull tone control with treble choke.

- Diecast bridge and tuners.

- Straight headstock with string tree.

- Brass Nut.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Ooo, that's saved on my HD! I'm doing a focus program (1 semester, 4 credit course) next year in grade 12 that's centered around guitar/bass making. Thanks!