Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my gig tomorrow

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by anubis101, Aug 10, 2001.

1. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    well i got a gig tomorrow night, first one my band has done in a month or so(cuz of people being out of town) but im really excited. wish me luck, ill let you know how it goes!

2. good luck man. what kind of music is it?

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    best of lucks!

4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Good luck!:)

5. ... and have fun doing it! or just have fun playing... your choice
    :D

6. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    yeah good luck...

7. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    sorry its taken me so long to get back to this.

it went pretty good, it was really hot when we played but it was great. alot of people that were supposed to come didnt so we ended up playing for only like 15 ppl but we had fun so it was cool. we didnt even tell anyone we were starting or anything we just started playing. we did a couple covers(release and nothingman[pearl jam], ants marching and don't drink the water[dave matthews band]).
    i dont really know how to explain what kind of music we play...i guess i could say its like if eddie vedder and mike mcready(sp?) started a band with carter beauford[dave mathews band] and stefan lessard[dave matthews band] it would sound like us... but thats just a general idea, i cant think of a better explaination. but it was fun and thats what matters.

:D

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    congrats on a fun show!

I wish I could figure out how to make mine into MPeGs to share with TB...

9. You got em as video tape or digital video camera?