Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My girl likes to party all the time???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Nevermind the transvetite hooker or Pluto Nash, I just found out that my brother downloaded Eddie Murphy singing a song called "My Girl Likes to Party All the Time." Huh?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Dude-
    That was a big 'dance'/Top-40 hit back in the early '80s...totally forgetable, too.
    I am happy to say we never did it.
    ...and thanks for bringing it up.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Rick James deserves some of the blame for this crime as well!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I used to have that 45 growing up. *shiver* (I was just a kid...I didn't know any better!)

brad cook

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    BTW, I could be wrong here since I haven't listened to this song since the time it was actually popular, but wasn't the song called "My girl WANTS to party all the time"?

brad cook

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    oh my...until this morning I had completely had that erased from my memory--thanks a lot!;)

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    You are correct. She does indeed "want" to party all the time, party all the time, party all the ty-e-ime.

I think that was like 85 or 86. In the middle of the mid-eighties cheese pop era.

Chas

8. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I am really starting to feel my age.......

9. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    Anyone remember another Eddie Murphy song called "Boogie In Your Butt"?

10. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It is equally unfortunate that I recall that one as well.

Ba-ba-ba-boogie in your butt!!!!

11. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I think it was the late 80's. I remember driving to and from work and changing the station on the radio whenever that song came on. It wasn't the lamest song of the 80's, but it was close. ;)

12. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    This is really freaky now. Last week, my friend and I challenged each other to create the best/worst rap beat we could just using samples from "Party All The Time." I used some software looping programs and he used his hardware sampler and sequencer.

He does this sort of thing more often than I do, so his was much better.

13. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Unfortunate? It was the single funniest thing Eddie Murphy has EVER produced. A timeless classic!

"What's this - a hundred dollars? I get to keep this hundred dollars if I be puttin' stuff in people's butts? Really?

Step aside."

14. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I listened to the Eddie Murphy tape (the comedy one--not the music) so many times when I was a kid that I wore the thing out...
    One thing that was nice is that it reinforced my language skills and vocabulary;)

15. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    The coolest thing about that song was the video. Not that the video was any good, but those towering stacks of folded horn "W" bins behind him, stacked to the sky, now that was very cool!! :D

DAMMMMMMITTTTTTTT Now that song is stuck in my head. Damn you rabid granny!!! :cool:

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    How about his ballad "How Can It Be?" :rolleyes: :eek:

17. I started listening to music when Nirvana came in and cleaned house. That eighties stuff is beyond me... :meh:

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Oh no! I love some of the 80's stuff. I still listen to alot of the Brit pop/funk stuff. Like Dolby, Clash, Talking Heads, Madness, The Specials, General Public, Level 42, etc. That stuff rocks!

19. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    The Talking Heads weren't british. They were too good to be british. :D

20. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I spent much of the 80s listening to 70s stuff. Sabbath, LZ, etc. Most of my interest in the later 80s was metal.

Non-heavy bands associated with 80s that I actually liked (from the closet at the time of course) would include:

Squeeze
    The Tubes
    The Clash
    Stray Cats
    Cars
    J Giles Band