Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My girlfriend might be pregnant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen S, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    My girlfriend might be pregnant:( . She doesnt believe in abortion. I'm 15 and so is she, we definitely can't keep it. If her mom finds out she will kick her out. If my dad finds out he will kick me out. If you were in my situation what would you do?

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Your parents are going to find out anyways. I think you need to talk to them first! I know it's tough. But you two have acted the adult role in your sexual relationship, now it's time for you to accept your adult responsibility.

Talk to your folks. Be honest. Let them help you with their life experience to decide what you two want to do. But do it soon. I bet your parents will respect your honesty.

Good luck.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    She might be. Give it a few days to verify. Then talk to your parents. Just follow Gabu's advice. Parents like honesty.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is it still "the morning after" ?

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yet again, more good advice from gabu.

you want to play like adults, it's time to accept the responsibility like adults too.

6. Fess up. Tell them you made a horrible mistake, and you know the consequences, but that you are very scared and you don't know what to do, and you could really use some help. Unless your parents simply don't care about you, help will come instead of hurt.

Rock on
    Eric

7. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    We dont know if she is pregnant yet. She is 6 days late for her period. My cousin is going to take her for a pregnancy test tomorrow. I walked all over my town last night trying to find someone to talk to but found no one. I didn't sleep last night. I have never been so scared in my life.

8. Keep a level head, and hope for the best, my man. She may just be late, which happens a lot with younger girls.

Rock on
    Eric

9. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    ouch dude.
    uh... ive had constant nightmares about this.. and so has my better half... =X
    wait until its confirmed.. then.. sit them down.. preferbly tie your mom and dad down to chairs... ductaping thhere hands and removing all sharp objects from the pockets of there pants...... =X
    then.. tell them.. but dont tell them until you know.. that happened to my friend.. "uh.. mom.. i think christina is pregnant".."what did you just say charlie?" "shes pregnant".. "well charlie your grounded for the rest of your life"... the next day he goes to school christina goes "CHARLIE IM NOT PREGNANT YAY".. and that would really suck if you got grounded.. because then you couldn't take.. our wonderful advice here on talkbass.. *grin*
    goodluck though man.. sorry about you and your situation....give it up for adoption
    no offence.. but since yall are both 15... and dont beleive in abortion..(abortion sucks. it really does..) then...adoption could be the best thing for the child..
    Good luck with your decision man..

10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    It is more like a week after. My parents will honestly throw me out.

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Just give it some time. And try to rest, you'll become a wreck fast if your not careful.

12. 4 things come to my mind...

1) www.durex.com ;)

2) congrats dude ! you're gonna be a father !

3) time to get a job..

4) woah ! :eek: :eek:

13. Bruce Lindfield

I think that really the decision is all with the potential mother and her parents - it's her body that will be carrying the child and will have to go through the experience - it's going to be her family who will have to deal with the potential child.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted nothing to do with the "perpetrator" - under-age sex is a criminal offence - and would refuse any contact?

I'm sorry if this appears harsh but that's the reality which needs to be faced.

14. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Trojan

I love her, I love kids, I love me, I don't love me and her with kids

I have a job

more like Holy Shyte

15. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    sorry i left this out man
    but.. here is something to consider..
    often when girls get scared about things.. when they have a period or something like that.. it is usually delayed.. badly... not to bad.. but she might just be skipping.. that happens everyonce and a while..
    What sometimes can cause the skip from what ive heard is..
    You ..get it on like you need a lesson in posting on talkbass.. from how jazzbo would call it.. ;)
    and shes like 2 days late just because of that can be normal sometimse.. and she gets worried and doesn't get it for a while.. Ive heard this before but correct me if im wrong..

16. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Her mom already hates me and she doesnt even know we are going out.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I agree with all posts above. Adult decisions will eventually demand adult responsibility...even if those decisions were not responsible ones in the first place (like having sex at 15).

She may not be pregnant though...but if she is don't do anything rash and don't pressure her to do something she doesn't want to (such as abortion) because that could be devastating to her for the rest of her life. You being kicked out of your house would be nothing compared to the life-long anguish and trauma that she could possibly have as a result of having terminated that life (ESPECIALLY if she was against it in the first place). Be a man and consider her feelings and situation above all. No matter what happens man...with your parents, with hers etc...you're going to make it and things will most likely turn out OK in the long run...even if it is harder, even if she is pregnant. Most of all though...don't do anything yet!! She may not even be pregnant!

brad cook

18. Above all, wait till she tells you if she is or not, THEN go tell your parents.

And if she isn't, DON'T GO DOIN' IT FOR A GOOD LONG TIME!!:D If you are scared now, wait till this comes up again, and you will be scared even more!!

Rock on
    Eric

19. Bruce Lindfield

No matter what all the advice says and whether or not she is pregnant - you have basically admitted a criminal offence here - in the UK you would be considered a sex-offender and prosecuted for under-age sex - would go on a register etc.

I would recommend if you do nothing else - delete this thread or it could be used in a criminal prosecution!

20. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well first of all, what makes you think she would be? Being late ain't the reason, the reason for pregnancy always is.. sex w/o any kind of those wonderful products that prevent her from getting pregnant.

So first of all, think what you've been doing with her? Intercourse without condom or pills? If you haven't, you're clear! If you have.. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.