1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My GK MB212 Replacement is here!!!! Sorry its long

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, May 7, 2010.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I would like to personally thank Mr Gallien and Brian Clark for doing what others dont, stand behind there products and actually interact with there customers on sites such as this. I posted a thread about how my 1st mb212 had a defect, I did not bash GK for it, I was just bummed that getting another would be such a long wait. I am a HUGE fan of this product, the one gig I played with it ended with 2 bassists from other bands running to the stage with amazement on how awsome I sounded and how huge this little amp sounded.
    I bought this as a scratch and dent(had ding on side of cab & dent in grill) for discount and fact that I couldnt get my hands on one. Under GK warranty this kind of item is not covered under warranty because of this fact. Lo and behold as I was raving about the amp and bummed because I had to return it the PRESIDENT of the company Mr Gallien chimed in on my thread.(When does this ever happen?) Him and Brian Clark treated me to a dose of how things should be done. They waved the fact it was scratch&dent and sent me a return label and shipped me a new one 2 day air!!! Every email was replied sometimes within minutes and they stayed true to their word. THANK YOU GK
    Now.....
    THIS AMP IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was using an SWR 8004 750w into an Avatar 4x10 and sometimes a Hartke 8x10. I was so sick of hauling this do to back spasms and foot problems. I was not happy playing out anymore, and was secretly happy when gigs were canceled. This amp weighs less than my SWR alone! And it sounds INCREDIBLE! Now I can show up to practice, take amp home, take to a different band practice and I never break a sweat. The clarity and punch of this amp is amazing considering I wrote it off as a buy and return. I mean how could a 38lb amp play in a loud grunge/punk/rock band and be heard on stage? It does.....and it dosent even need to be maxed out to do it. The show I played had no PA support except for the vocals. Was a venue with about 75-100 people, I was heard in front, from the back, and everywhere in between. The ability to cut through the mix with this amp is amazing.
    Sorry but I could ramble all day long
    Anyone wanting to get one, just do whatever you have to. Its worth every dollar spent.

2. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Great news! :bassist:

3. Yep, I've got the same amp and I play it at church with NO PA support whatsoever. This amp delivers with both wattage and tone. I had to wait a little bit since the original amp I was supposed to get had a problem and had to be shipped back to GK. So I waited for another couple of weeks and when I got it, I was nothing but happy with the results. I play in a church absolutely NO PA support. I had NO problem being beard and my tone was to die for. These amps are well worth the wait and so worth the money. I love these little GK combos and will forever give them their due props!!!