Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my gk rig.... need some input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pookabass, Oct 8, 2005.

1. pookabass

pookabass

Aug 22, 2005
    Texas
    Alright it seems every time i get on here i have some dumb question but everyone here has been so awesome with helping me out that i have to keep asking. I have the 700RB-II head and i have the 2x10sbx and 115RBH cabs on their way to me right now. so here comes my question: will my head adequately power these two badass cabs? or should i just cut it out and kick it up to the 1001RB-II? Of course upgrading is always nice but i have put so much into this whole thing so far that i'd like to not have to spend any more money. Anyways, i'm flexible about it and it would be killer to get some advice.

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    More power is ALWAYS better. There is no such thing as too much power, only power used unwisely.

The cabs will work fine with the amp it's really a matter of whether you will have enough power for the gig.

They are both rated at 400w for a total of 800w

The 115 will be louder than the 210 (by 4db) so chances are if you only use one cab on a gig it will be the 115.

The 700RB-II will give you 480w. That's pretty loud so it should be adequate for most gigs Unless you play really large places with no PA support.

If you can afford it, get the 1001RB-II just because. You may need the extra headroom one day. You can always turn an amp down but it only goes up so far.

:D

Joe.