Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my god a 4x15 thats not custom??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suasa, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i think i could almost hear the brown note just thinking of a 4x15. but i think i soiled myself after looking at the picture. :(

:D :smug:

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    [​IMG]

That thing is amazing. I want it :D a 15 inch speaker facing down it sure to rumble some bladders at a gig!

3. i´ve tried one in a store ones with its original acoustic head. it sounded really great (if you´re into vintage tones)i couldn´t push it so hard cuz´the volume was tremendous in the store. i really really wanted it but came to my sences when i thought about pushing it around and that i already have a 412+212...
    it is smaller than an 810 thou

4. Undert0ad

Undert0ad

Oct 28, 2003
    nr Philly
    The obvious advantage is that if you get thrown out of your apartment for playing through it, you can just move into the cabinet and still have a pretty nice place.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    When I was playing trombone, in the mid '70s, our bass player had one with a 370 (or 371) head. That thing would roar, man! It would have a magnetic attaction for all the highest dudes in the club; they would all drift over to his side of the stage and pass out. But, oh lord, that thing was heavy! The horn section made sure we were busy with the PA equipment when it came time to move it. Where it and the Fender/Rhodes were packed could mess up the balance of the truck, if done wrong. Ah, them wez good days.

6. Mr. voodoobase
    The obvious advantage is that if you get thrown out of your apartment for playing through it, you can just move into the cabinet and still have a pretty nice place.

its funny cause its true.

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Wow. I've got 3 15's in my setup right now, and holy crap, having 4 would be insane. My music go round had a 8x15 cab for awhile (Sort of like a Large 4x10- had 4 15's on one side, and 4 on the other across from it). I believe it was a DJ cab.

8. HMMM... 8x15... That has possibilities.

9. 4x15 = crazy

8x15 = just plain rediculous :D

10. magadeath998

magadeath998 Guest

Oct 28, 2003
    usa
    has anyone played it with a 5 string

11. Around the time when these cabinets were being marketed, we were considering naming our first album ...

Big Band Error.

Cabinets like this, along a B3 and dual Leslies, V-22's and Twins, four VOT's (Voice of the Theater) for PA, etc., etc. were the reason. One earned one's $40 for the gig, brothers.

12. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    triple post?

i know someone who has an acoustic 2x15 and its pretty awesome. talk about low end... it looks a little more contemporary than that 4x15 tho. it looks more like a 6x10.

13. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Man, I'd jump on that thing in a microsecond if I had any space for more speakers! Those are thunderous cabs. They're right up there with the Acoustic 301 (of 360 and 370 fame, that was the one with the 18" Cerwin Vega).

Now here's a thought, replace the speakers with nice kilowatt EV subs. Then you'd have a REAL speaker! Then the problem would be finding an amp loud enough to drive it...