Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My god I just bought Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quallabone, May 6, 2004.

1. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Don't worry I still have My Eden 800 as well.
    I did however trade my 600 in for a Peavey max preamp and a QSC poweramp. Call me crazy (I have quite a bit lately) but it sounds as good as the eden pre. I know, it makes no sense to me either but it sounds great and has a huge variety of tone. After being such a diehard eden fanatic this is actually kind of embarrasing.

Has anyone else used this pre and found it to be way better than you expected?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [judy tenuta]
    It could happen.
    [/judy tenuta]

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Hey, I heard here that more expensive components don't always mean better sound!

4. The offerings from Peavey from the past 4-5 years have been great. They are really getting bass amplification right. My Firebass is a great example. Glad you like it!

5. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.

I too use a Max and a PLX.

I like it.

6. before i started working for peavey i bought a max and found it to be much better than i expected. i sold it, though, because it wasn't what i was going for in tone. but it's a good little unit.

but it's approaching 10 or so years old. it's been around forever.

robb.

7. I have used Peavey equipment almost exclusively since I started to play bass over 10 years ago. I have found it to be dependable to a fault and flexible enough to suit almost any situation. My latest gear up-grade landed me with a Max pre and a DPC 1400X. I can get pretty much any tone out of the Max that I want. The only addition I could see as useable would be that of a parametric EQ section like those in the "Pro" series amplifiers. The "shelving" controls are ok but a full parametric section (at least 3 bands) would be absolutely incredible. Many, many people have been astounded at the tonal capabilities of my Peavey gear. Too many people seem to be stuck on labels instead of sound.

8. +1 - I like my Firebass better then the SVT4-PRO that it replaced :) Been more reliable, too!

9. Thank God somebody else on the Planet remebers Judy.... :cool:

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I remember her you HOGS! LOL!

11. That's 3 ..... Love Pigs!

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [judy tenuta]
    Oh, that's all I need ... some big SPERM WHALE crawling all over me!
    [/judy tenuta]

13. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    "My God, I just bought Peavey"...

What a great title for a thread! And speaking of Judy Tenuta, is that kind of like waking up with a Peavey next to you in bed?

First: eek!

Then: did anything happen?

And: (the good part, if you're lucky) you know, you're not so bad sounding after all. When can I hear you again?

14. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Now THAT'S funny!!!!!