1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my goodness - my fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by marcopalla, Aug 27, 2007.

1. marcopalla

marcopalla

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi frineds
    i'm an old player but I decid to buy my first fretless,
    it's very difficult to find what i like!

the perfect one would be:
    (but i'm open to any suggestion)

> 500-700 bucks
    > P pickup
    > maple fingerboard would be great, but I also like epox fb
    > lined!
    > I'm a fender guy, but I'd like lower action...
    > available in Europe (ex. SX are not, G&L are very difficult to find...)

I was thinking to get a 50-P Fender and get to the liuther, but... a real pain in the fuzz (extra money etc. etc.), I have played something like this and was great

2. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    Seems you've already answered your question ... get a Fender P bass fretless. Keep in mind if you buy a NEW fretless Fender I BELIEVE you have no choice in regard to lined or unlined. New Fenders currently come as lined fretless basses only. (Unless I'm wrong, but i doubt it) BUT if you want lined fretless you're all set!

3. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Yamaha makes a fretless version of the BB614. The BB614F ? Great basses, and available.

You're not likely to find a maple neck fretless much anymore.

4. *blieb* Stay tuned, we'll be right back *Blieb*

Could you spent a bit more? Then this one could be an option (maybe you can negociate about the price):
    Fender late 70's
    solid black (not original), ash body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, black pickguard, Bartolini PU, Schaller 3D bridge, hole for XLR- connector in pickguard

No lines, but if you play a lot, you'll get used to it.

For 1150 euro's at
    http://www.station-music.de/

[​IMG]

5. marcopalla

marcopalla

Aug 31, 2005
    at the moment the only Fender fretless I find around are mim and deluxe american jazz. they still do Precision fretless??

6. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Fender makes mia fretless jazz basses as well as the two you mentioned. They also sell the Tony Franklin fretless P-bass (similar to a P-bass deluxe with the pup configuration), but it has an unlined ebony fretboard.

I haven't seen any new Fender fretless basses with a maple fretboard. There is a thread on here that shows how to convert a fretted bass to a fretless one.