Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my granda is having surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 27, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I know there are alot of threads like this, but this is heavily on my heart. I just got off the phone with my grandpa who is having open heart surgery tomorrow. He sounded at peace and well-minded, but I'm very worried. He's always strong like that. I see so many people say their grandparents mean so much to them, but him and I had a unique relationship. He helped to shape alot of my political views, and he gave me so much of his time to take care of me when my single mom was working long hours. I broke down after I hung up with him. I cried for a good couple of minutes. I usually try to stay strong in these situations, but if I was to loose him, there would be a big hole in my life. I'm comforted only by two things, hearing that there is a 90% chance of success, and knowing that he knows God.

If you are the praying kind, I could really use a prayer, or even a thought, if you're not. I know that God will work his will, but sometimes, I just can't help but question it.

~Patrick

2. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    Im all over it. Ill be prayin for him tonight

3. I will pray for him tonight. I question God and everything but I still pray, just incase ;).

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck to him, and to you as well. you'll be in my thoughts.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I had a very similar relationship with my grandpa. It's a unique bond, one that I wouldn't have traded for anything. In my thoughts.