Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My grandma is better than your grandma.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, May 29, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Wanna know why?

Well, yesterday... my grandma calls me and tells me she has my favorite thing.

i say "peach cobbler?"

"nope, but good guess... black berry cobbler."

"suh wheat."

"go down to the store, get some ice cream, and me and grandpa will bring over in a bit"

-------

i love grandma. When she came over, she gave me the first piece, which was weird... grandpa always gets the first piece.

MWU HA HA HA HA HA.

and i have left overs.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My grandma drove me to Guitar Center and that's where I found my 6 string bass that I now own.

BRING IT ON
    [​IMG]

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Iko iko onay...

4. I'd take a cobbler over a car ride...but only because I can drive. :)

In any event, Grandmas rule.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    All my grandmothers have been dead for a long time, and everybody knows it. Now I can't even use their funerals as an excuse for a day off from work.

6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA

Blackberry cobbler r0x0rz!

7. Before she Died, My grandma killed a Bear.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll bet that your grandmothers have been dead longer than mine.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    If you are "the boss" - why do you need an excuse?

10. When I fell victim to my first hangover, my grandmother was staying with us. I tried to hide it (I was really nauseous) as best I could, but she caught on early enough. She spent the remainder of the day trying to make me vomit. I was very annoyed at the time, but now I look back and think: My grandmother is way cooler than Mike Money's.

Mike

11. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    My grandmother just gave me her car, because she's 80 and decided she shouldn't be driving anymore. I just got back from Az picking it up and taking her out to lunch. It's a Mercury Cougar w/ 30,000 on the odometer, and still under warranty.

She refused to take even a penny for it.

12. Did she make you vomit for it??? I didn't think so.

Mike

13. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Actually, now that I've put some serious thought into it, everything of mine is cooler than Mike Money's... :p

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Did she also poop in your sister's boyfriend's shoes?

brad cook

15. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    my grandma (RIP) taught me my first dirty joke!
    sure, it wasn't that dirty, but i still love her for it.
    :p
    and...her homemade strawberry rhubarb sauce, made from home grown rhubarb and hand picked wild strawberries, was better'n anyone's grandma could make.
    :D

16. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a grandma that is blind, and she can cook like crazy. Baked goods, and regular food, it's all good.

And when did Mike Money get back? I leave for a few days, and the place lets him back in, without even a warning stickied at the top of every forum???!!!

17. One thing I hate about grandma's, the "When will you be next ?" question at each and every wedding ...

but I get em back at the funerals. :D

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    My grandma is 84... she smokes... drinks... swear... when someone accused her of swearing too much she said "noooo I don’t even know meaning of words such as (every single swear word i know go here) what are they?"

here is a kicker she is famous math teacher... been a teacher all her life went through ww2 in Russian front and well... called me a "p****" when i quit smoking:)

Here is her quote "if you don’t drink, smoke, or **** you will live longer... but why would you want to live longer if you don’t live"

She asks you to if you are hungry… when you say “yes” you hear “farmers market is cross the street… get something good…”

She is learning computers pretty fast… I get calls from here at 4am because she remembered something funny… and will help you when you need it

Now there is a grandma to be proud of! None of those material good... pure greatness!