My grandma is dying

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My last grandparent, my grandmother, who has been battling alzheimers for 2 years, has lung cancer. She has a few months, max, to live.
  2. Im sorry to hear that. I lost a grandmother when I was younger to cancer. Its wicked stuff. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You're telling me. My brother had cancer when he was 10. Hes okay now though. hes 19.
  4. Sorry to hear this Figjam,

I have lost relatives to both on separate occasions. All you can do is be there for her and your parents. My prayers are there for you and your family.
  5. I'm sorry man. I hope you hang in there OK, and look on the bright side- you've had her this long! :) My grandma died suddenly of kidney failure when I was in fifth grade, I'm a high school senior now, and it was still the most painful thing I've gone through.

My sympathies, man! I know the TB community will support you. :( :)
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's too bad, figgeh. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks guys its gonna be tough
  8. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Fig...your peep's are in my prayers.
  9. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Sorry to hear, Figjam. I lost my mother to lung cancer, so I know what it's like.

If it's of any help to chat with someone who's been through it, feel free to PM me.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey Scott.....I just lost my grandpa who had Alzheimers. He got pneumonia, and his heart just couldn't fight it off. He died Tuesday.

I'll be thinking about you buddy, and all those times we talked about our Spector basses. :D

PM me if you need to. I know exactly how you feel right now.

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've lost relatives ot cancer and Alzheimers, it's a very tough thing to go through. You and your family have my thoughts and prayers.
  12. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Dude my grandma was diagnosed with cancer about two years ago and at that time they gave her at most a month to live. She made it until June this year. So what the doc says isn't always right. Just don't give up hope for her. Don't think negative.

I am really sorry to hear that brother.
  13. Bad news Figjam, you have my prayers and sympathy.
    Spend as much time with her as you can. If she likes books and stories read to her, make her as happy and comfortable as possible. I know it is rough, but keep looking up.

14. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Sorry to hear, Figjam. My grandmother is also battling cancer now.
  15. Very sorry to hear this man.

I lost my great grandmother about 4 years ago now, she had Diabetes and was bed ridden (aputated toe and just really bad feet). I regret to this day not spending more time with her and not really talking with her. So be with her as much as you possibly can, cause most likely you'll regret it if you don't (I know I am). You know where to reach me if you want to talk.
  16. Sorry to hear that, Fig. Thoughts and prayers, as always.
  17. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Through my teens, my closest grandmother had Alzheimer's. For a while, I refused to take trips (we lived out of town) to go visit her because I couldn't bare to see her in that condition. I didn't get the chance to say goodbye until it was too late.

First, it was hard to accept her deteriorating condition, but it was harder after she passed. There was always a point when I could see a glimmer in her eye when she would know exactly who I was, but couldn't do anything about it. Take every chance you have to visit while you can.

Best wishes...
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Now its been estimated at 1-2 weeks.
  19. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Sorry to hear that. Cancer got both my Grandads, and my next door neighbour is currently dying of it too. I really hope someone finds a cure one day.