My Grandma

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Mar 11, 2004.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Hey guys. Its been a while eh? I've had so much on my plate w/ bands, work, and school that i've had zero time for the computer. I really hope ot be able to get back on here and talk w/ you guys more frequently soon. But i just wanted to drop a line and tell everyone whats going on and request any prayers, meditations, and thoughts. Grandma has been in and out of the hospital for a while now. A few days ago she decided to quite dialysis. All the family has managed to either come by or call and talk to her and make her peace. Earlier this morning her kindeys started to fail, so she went into a coma. A few minutes ago I got a call from my dad saying that he had just left the hospital to go get some food when he got a call from my aunt saying that Grandma just sat straight up in her bed and said "It's time". So he wheeled around and tore back to the hospital to try and be there when she went. Everyone has had time to make peace and we're glad that her years of suffering are finally over and that she can rest now. I'd just appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers right now and i hope to talk to you guys soon.. i miss all of ya!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Good luck there man. I hope you and your family feel better. It hurts to lose somebody, but this situation played out a lot better than most. You had a chance to say goodbye. My prayers go with you.
  3. RIP:(

Take it easy dude...
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I wish my relatives did memorable stuff like that when they were about to die... mine just kinda... nod off.

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma back in December... not pleasant at all.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Was that supposed to be funny?
  6. It's sad to lose a life, but just try to remember what she has done and created. Remember it is the circle of life that makes us so beautiful, and the denial of that circle that makes us truly dead.
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    No, I'm serious. I really wish mine would come out of the coma right before dying and have a bit more time with the family before leaving us... With me, it seems they are always rushed to the hospital and the last thing they say is "Pass the rolls" or something. :meh:
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my condolences on your loss, arapunk. i'm glad to see you back on here, sorry it's under these conditions - hope you have some time to post some more :)
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My Grandparents both passed away within a year of each other. When my Grandma was moved into a full-time assisted living my Grandpa would walk about 2 miles a few days a week (if he couldn't get a ride) to be with her. He was 89 at the time.
    Within a few months of that time though, my Grandpa just "gave up". Like he knew his wife (Grandma) was being taken care of, and within a week he was gone.
    My Grandma, having Alzheimer's was oblivious to alot of what was going on around her. But she finally succumbed about 8 months later.

I still have my Grandpa's number on my cell phone speed dial. I can't bring myself to erase it.

They sure taught me alot.

Remember them for the wisdom they give you.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of sorrow. God bless you and yours.
  11. Take comfort knowing that she isn't suffering anymore.

I'm sorry for your trouble, ARA. My condolences to you and your family.

She'll visit you in dreams.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I've got something to say in ALL seriousness.

I wish my grandpa was dead. He is 91 years old, and in late stages of Alzheimers. He isn't my grandpa anymore. He is a strange, psychotic man with no control over his bowel movements, and barely remembers how to put clothes on.

My grandma on the other side of the family died a couple years ago, and I felt like it was a good thing. She was the same way.

ARA....I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some good times here with the TB folks!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Grandma's are very special people, you and her will be in my prayers.
  14. odie

odie Supporting Member

Sorry to see you back in such circumstances.

It sounds like your Grandma died in the most gracefull and peaceful way possible. Try to find comfort in that and the fact that she was loved so much.
  15. good luck there, skipper :( . hope you're coping OK with everything going on... alow yourself a break! :)

keep your chin up :)
  16. no time no see man! i dont think ive talked to you on aim for months (i have a new screen name btw)

anyways, my condolences. Luckily I havent lost anyone within the past few years (aside from a few pets).

Just know she realized it was her time and that brought her peace, which should at least comfort you a little bit.
  17. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    She goes with her dignity, which is admirable and commendable.

Good luck.
  18. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Thanks alot guys. She died early yesterday morning. I'm doing very well. We had time to say goodbye and I'm really glad that shes not suffering anymore. The visitation is tonight and the funeral is Sunday, so i'm getting ready to leave. Thanks again for all the prayers.
  19. Sorry to hear about all that happened, but glad you're doing good. If I prayed, you'd be in there.