1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My GSR200 Now Has A Brother!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stampy, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I went to Sam Ash today looking to get another bass. I originally was looking at a Fender MIM Jazz Bass in a red wine color that was marked down to 299.99 but it has some pretty serious dings in it and the it needed some new strings badly, plus I couldn't date it eithier. Next I was looking at a 2008 Ibanez SR300 also for 299.99. I am in love with the SR500 so I figured this would be good because I wasn't looking to spend over 300 bucks. The playability on this was insane with the thin neck and with the active pickups it made the bass a little quieter but the tone was all there and I was picking it up to go to the register UNTIL!!!:hyper: There it was a used Ibanez SRX500. It is a 2001 model but this thing was in beautiful shape for its age. It has GHS strings on it but I can't recall the gauge. The only thing that was replaced is the original input jack was replaced with an weird aftermarket one but I can replace it if I desire. Just a couple minor dings but these massive active pickups had this growl to it that almost sounded like a 5 string and it was only 299 also. So I bought it and got it home put a couple coats of polish on it and it looks brand new. I noticed that they way I had my pedals set up with my passive GSR200 sounds like garbage with an active so I got some playing around to do with those but it sounds amazing! Who else has a SRX500 and what are your opinions on it?
    srx500001.
    srx500002.
    srx500003.

2. Nice bass!

3. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    What no more love lol!

4. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I've seen those jacks before i think it was part of a cord lock system. shes a Beautiful peace though, good luck with her. I personally love Ibanez Basses IMO Price vs Quality beats any other bass company hands down.