Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My GT7 just landed!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bernie Connors, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Thanks to Progzilla (a very cool guy!) I just took delivery of a red Conklin GT7! It's a sweet instrument and I can't wait to get knee deep in it. Pics forthcoming.

Thanks again Mark!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    mark, did you seel one of your gt's?

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yeah, with the addition of my two custom shop models the fretted GT-7 didnt see a lot of use.. I still have the fretless though.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    My pleasure!!!

:)

5. On a side note, Bill has a new site design! It's a really great layout and I just sat and watched the pics scroll for a long time. That new 9 on there made my jaw drop! It's absolutely amazing.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    your GT7 can fly ?!?!?!

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What was the delivery time to India?, I hope this bass keeps you rockin:)

8. yea, when I get more money, I think I want one...I tried playing a Peavey Cirrus 6 string and could barely play it..the neck wasn't as comfy as their 5 string neck... the Conklin 7 string I played had a really nice neck, it wasn't a GT...it was in guitar center for 1500..didn't stay in the store for more than a month :(

9. Here's a pic. Most of you what a GT7 looks like so I won't bombard ya with them. I'm lovin' it!

10. Thanks everyone!

MajorMetal: I live in Indiana, so it wasn't but a couple of days. :)

11. that is a beautiful bass...I'm convinced...
    damn all you guys for making me GASy for a GT7

12. i have decied the next thing iam buying is going to be a gt7 i can allways rent a amp for gigs. wats the average price on a used one.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Bernie

You will have to excusse me, senior moments have struck me early in life, i must have looked at your location fast and thoght it said india.:)

14. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Ben- you can probably score a used one for $700 or so. Great bass. :)

15. Thanks everyone and no problem Major Metal, it happens! :)

16. Armchair Thief

Armchair Thief Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I have to admit I'm casting a gassy eye at these basses too. They seem to get a bunch of thumbs up around here. :) The price seems really right too.

17. They really are! My first impressions are great. If you find one for a good price, go for it. There is one one eBay right now I think.

18. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ive had a gt4 for, oh i dont know...maybe a year or more? natural finish, ****ing great bass. :) the gt7 they had at the store was fun to play too :bassist:

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You mean this one?

[​IMG]

If so, yeah, it's gorgeous.

20. I'm normally not a fan of how a bass looks when it has more than 5 strings, but Conklins sure pull of beauty while having a full-figure:D