My Guitar Center adventure!!! (To be continued)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassNoob?, Dec 15, 2005.

1. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    I thought I'd share my wonderful Guitar Center experience with you all.

So I went to Guitar Center Monday of last week to purchase my Gallien-Krueger 1001RB. I had the price matched from RMC audio. The guy said he had one comming in and I should go and pick it up on Wednesday. So when I get there on Wednesday, he says "Well, we don't know if this amp was returned or there is a bug in it, because it is out of the box. Either you could have this one, or we could ship one to you from the Warwick warehouse in Rhode Island." He said it would be shipped today, and should be at my house friday, and monday at the absolute latest. So, friday goes by, then the weekend, and then monday. I call the guy up, and he calls the Warwick warehouse. They tell him that the guy who took the order was new to the job, and therefore messed the order up. He said that he would ship the amp to me overnight and it should be here Wednesday, and thursday at the latest.

So here it is, Thursday, and I'm sitting here without an amp. I call back, and the guy at GC says "Hold on I'll get the tracking number". Now, I called around 5:30 and Guitar Center closes at 9. At 8:55 he still hadn't called me back. I call him up and he 'says' he hasn't heard back from the manager of the Warwick warehouse. At 9:15, he calls me back and has the tracking number. At 9:20 he makes it to the front desk (dont ask me how it took him 5 minutes to get to the front desk), and punches in the tracking number. Sure enough, the amp was shipped overnight to Guitar Center in Orange, not my house. So now in getting "overnight shipping" to my house. He doesn't know when it will be here, because of the rain tommorrow, and UPS doesn't ship as quickly on weekends. It should be here on Tuesday at the latest.

So here I am, more than two weeks after I ordered the amp, with no amp. I should have just ordered it directly from RMC Audio. I have had no troubles with GC in the past, but I'm not buying from them again for a loonnnngggg time. I'll update this when I get more info. Have you guys had similar experiences??

By the way, I wasn't sure what section to post this in...
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Let me tell you about RMC Audio (formerly Rik's Music). They are the best. Period.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  4. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    Ok, I got the amp today. It came a little bit early and I'm really happy now :D

I also had a bass lesson. I added a new preamp to my old Squire and it sounds soooo much more amazing... A very bassy day for me!