My guitar group fell apart as of last night...:-(

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Damn I feel really kinda bad about this. I actually felt I was getting somewhere for once.

I was woken up this morning by a phonecall from the charity whose guitar lesson class I'm the tutor for. Thanks to a combination of funding and staff cuts, the class has been shut down. Even my supervisor didn't know anything

So in total I've lost a class of 5 pupils and also the recording project we were working on in class too.

The one possible upside to this is that one of my pupils has requested private tuition. So I'll likely still be playing guitar.

Arrgghhhh....:bawl:

2. otherclef

otherclef

Aug 10, 2011
    Charleston
    what would prevent you from playing guitar if none of the students requested private lessons??

3. Put it quite simply: there's little to no music scene in this town I'm living in. I struggle to find a gig as a bassist, never mind anything else.

I COULD likely play in church, but there's 8 guitarists in my worship band (that's everyone that can play guitar, out of 12 worship band members,) and so there's saturation there.

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    You could always go the solo singer/songwriter route.

5. This is something I'm experimenting with, with some quite pleasing and nice results. Although learning to program my keyboard was not a fun experience.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021