Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"My Guitar wants to Kill your Mama!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Apr 11, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Really:
    http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm3685_20050411.htm
    Man accused of beating his mother to death with a guitar

Monday, April 11, 2005

ASSOCIATED PRESS

EASTPOINTE -- A man has been charged with beating his mother to death with a guitar, police said Monday.

Margaret Besola, 53, was found bludgeoned to death in her home early Saturday, Eastpointe police Detective Lt. Leo Borowsky said. Besola's 29-year-old son, Emil Batayeh, was to be arraigned later Monday on a charge of second-degree murder.

Borowsky said Batayeh's older brother, who lives in the basement of the home, went upstairs shortly after midnight and found his mother and brother arguing. Besola told him not to intervene, and he went to sleep. A few hours later, he came up to get a drink of water and found his mother. The brother called police, who found Besola dead, Borowsky said.

Borowsky said police found a bloody, damaged guitar next to the body.

Batayeh also is accused of attacking his mother last month with a barbell and has been charged with felony assault. Borowsky said Besola picked him up after the arrest and let him back in the house.

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    :eek:

Great Googley Moogley!!

MY mother lives in Eastpointe! As a matter of fact, it's where I grew up.

3. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Idiot guitarists and their flimsy little instruments. Probably took about 4 or 5 good whacks.

Now if that had been a bass guitar, it would only take 1. Efficiency...that's what bass playing is all about.

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Ah. Good old detroit. There's no place like home...

5. P. Aaron

Gives new meaning to the technique: "hammer on".

6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    JUST REMEMBER THIS HEINOUS ACT WAS NOT COMMITTED WITH A BASS! It was a guitar, an instrument used by people of lesser cognitive intelligence. In between this and the White Stripes, I propose we have waiting periods for guitar purchases, five days with background checks! :D WE NEED SAFE REASONABLE GUITAR CONTROL LAWS!!!

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Guitars don't kill people......

Mike

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Not only that, but the bass wouldn't have been damaged in the assault... *L*

9. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit
    i hear that

10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Yeah, killing your mother is ****ing hilarious.

Laugh ****ing riot.

11. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Wonder what kind of guitar it was? I'd say either a monstously heavy Gibson or one sharp BC Rich...

12. For some reason I was picturing like a creamy white strat... in good contrast to the red.

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My cousins live in Eastpointe!

Michigan sucks.

14. She probably told him that he didn't need a solo in every song.......

15. P. Aaron

Probably a Hondo II or something lesser. If he was a decent musician, he wouldn't have killed his mom.

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yeah, he'd just write an album about her...that would've destroyed her mentally, like all proper musicians would.