Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My guitarist scores!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My guitarist also plays and sings with India.Arie. About a year ago, he tried to hook up Gibson, but they had a "maybe" attitude. His Godin got stolen, and Gibson offered to let him borrow one to use on the Rosie O'Donnell Show and the Carson Daly Last Call show. Afterwards, he turned it in and hopped a plane back here to Atlanta. Today, a UPS truck shows up at his house and delivers 2 Chet Atkins sigs (one with steel strings, and one with nylons) and an SG, and a custom Les Paul has been ordered! Total price................ZILCH! :cool: They gave him a Class A endorsement deal. Free stuf!!!!

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What are the different classes/benifits of sponsorship? I know asked you once...but my PM locker was full, and I never got the message...besides, maybe you could enlighten some of us savages?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Class A = Free stuff! Some Class A deals pays you to use their stuff.
    Class B, with is what I have, lets you get equipment for about 40% less than what the dealers get them. For example, a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 5 for $800.
    Class C = Let's you get the stuff for what the store pay.
    With a A & B deal, you get other services such as, when you're touring and want to play another instrument, they'll deliver it to you. You don't have to rent backline, because they'll deliver, set up, and break it down for you. And free repair jobs. You can litterally tour without taking an intrument, depending on how spread out their dealers are.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...there was a band here in town that received a Budweiser endorsement(I think they got free musical stuff); anyone, one night I'm in a 7-11 & I scare the crap-ola outta the guitarist(a friend)...he's reaching in & pulling a Heinken 6-pack outta the cooler, NOT BUD! He thought he had been nabbed by the Bud Police! They hadda drink Bud! ;)

Not that I'm good enough to receive any endorsements/freebies; I dunno...I wanna play my own stuff & I wanna be able to play thru what I want w/ the strings I want(my guitar still has strings from '77; if I really had a choice, I would still be playing thru my '64 Bassman).
    Plus I don't like BUD! ;)

What Lakland did for Joe Osborn was cool, though.

5. Hm... interesting... say you decide to sell off some of your gear... and replace it w/ the exact same... would it hurt your deal? :D

Thats really neat that your guitarist got it w/o really asking, and it was more of a surprize. Which type of Chet Atkins sigs did he get? Tennessean? Nashville, or country gent? Also, I know this isn't a guitar forum, but did he say how they stack up to the gretsch originals?

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll bet they were both the CEC model, the electric classical. Like this.

[​IMG]

Or maybe wine red?

[​IMG]

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Impressive. Most impressive.

If you're in the Class A category, are you limited to using the endorser's products exclusively? Is the endorsement limited to a particular category of product, eg. acoustic-electric guitars? Are you on the hook for anything besides public appearances with the endorser's products?

Or is all this determined on a case-by-case basis?

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I know someone who i heard is getting a cable deal from Fender. (woohoo!!! cables!!! :D :rolleyes: ) But that ain't bad for a 17 year-old.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Alright Woody, I sent you the kickba- GIFT as we agreed, and I have yet to hear from Warwick about my endorsment deal. What's the deal? :mad:

10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I know someone who i heard is getting a cable deal from Fender. (woohoo!!! cables!!! ) But that ain't bad for a 17 year-old.

Report this post to a moderator

Dude i would have loved to when that when i was 17! I bet you good money that ive spent more on cables through my 20 years in music than on any of my basses! Actuall even more than that if he gets p.a. chords mic chords and snakes! Man then i could have saved enough to buy a cool car!

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That endorsment would easily be worth more than one where you get basses lower than dealer cost.