Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Gun Collection

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relax, these are BB guns. Just wanna share them with ya......Safer for me to own one of these than the real ones....just MHO

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I was expected one or two pistols ;)

What do you use them for by the way?

I myself have a BB gun, its pretty naff and i havn't used, or even seen it for a year or two:confused:

3. As a Dutchman, I think that's sick.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You'll shoot your eye out, kid! :D

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    not sick...but strange nonetheless.

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I just don't get the whole gun thing

7. yes, lets talk guns..heres my arsenal.. Winchester model 88(.308 cal.),Browning BAR(.270),Remmington 742 carbine semi-auto(30.06),Remmington 700 bolt action 7mm.mag,Remmington 700 bolt action(.338 Win. mag.),Ithica deerslayer 12ga.shotgun,2 Thompson Center muzzle loaders(.45cal. and .54cal.)and finally a Marlin .22 semi-auto...oh yeah! can't forget my archery rig..Pro Sport(who is now known as Champion archery) Ultra w\solo cam, shooting carbon arrows @ 62# of draw weight..leaving the bow at aprox 290fps(feet per second)...I could get 300 fps if I crank up the draw weight..but thats another thread..BTW...BB guns are for the range,shooting paper targets and tin cans... NOT the feild.....O.K anyone else got REAL fire power...

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I've got a tank. :rolleyes:

9. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    2 people of my friends have M-16s with the add-on rocket launcher (I think it's called an M-245), I have one friend with an M-82A (for anyone that doesn't know, that's a HUGE sniper riffle that can hit a head from about 2 miles), I have a friend who drives a tank (the merkava), a friend who cashed and destroyed one (his dad was LOADED so he bought the army a new one, for $16.5 million, to get his some off of a HUGE jail sentance, another guy I know flies a Phantom 2000s with a lot of firepower. That's the short list that came to mind right now, but I could go on... anti-tank missiles, MLRS systems......

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Why you Guys from USA are so obsseced(sp?) whith guns????? are you planning a civil war or something??? Since guns were made to KILL PEOPLE, I try to stay away from them and from the people who loves ´em

I don´t like guns in my neighborhood

I think we shouldn´t allow threads about "how beautiful are my 1000 guns"...

Edit by Jazzbo.

No matter how much you disagree with someone, let's keep it civil. Try and avoid using all red as it seems like you're yelling, and that's something we don't allow here.

11. mine are hunting rifles...m-16's w\ rocket launchers..my local ENCON officer would have a feild day writing me tickets and hauling me off to jail if I went into the woods with those..:D on the other hand,other hunters would probably stay away seeing a rocket launcher strapped to my back;)

12. I don't understand why so many Americans have to own guns. For what, are you afraid of a civil war or is it just penis extension...
    History tells us that guns only cause pain, grief and misery so why own them ?

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guns are made for protection, not to kill people. A gun has no mind of its own and is a tool, just like a hammer or a chainsaw. If somebody is murdered with a hammer and screwdriver, should hammers and screwdrivers be illegal?

BTW - I do not own any guns.;)

14. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina

Its not the guns that kill people..its people that kill people.

People use baseball bats to kill people....why do people own them????

15. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah right, but a bat was made with BASEBALL in mind.. a gun was made with SOMEBODY LAYING IN A BLOOD POOL IN MIND........ get it?

16. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Caracas didn't grow up the way I did, and I can respect that.

I grew up on a farm... family doesn't have alotta money. So... that said, we grow vegies in the garden and we raise animals to eat. Just the way it is. We just don't wanna pay someone else to do the same (plus chop 'em up and add a bunch of crap we DON'T want)
    Hunting is the bonus. We don't pay to raise the animals. They take care of themselves until harvested.
    WE TAKE ONLY WHAT WE NEED AND WASTE NONE OF IT.

Now, I realize that this isn't a hunting thread, and I'm not looking to derail it, but....

Due to the way I was raised, I enjoy and RESPECT guns. I do NOT respect people who cannot handle the responsibility involved in owning/handling them. These people are the ones who give the responsible owners a bad name... and unfortunately, we're becoming outnumbered.

Ok, sorry about the rant.. I'm sure I'll get some heat for this, but I couldn't let the few of us who know the truth go unrepresented.

Oh, at last count.. I believe my immediate family had 75(?) guns Locked up and/or hidden throughout the house. I own 8 of my own, my personal favorite being my Taurus .454 Casull... and yes, I hunt with it.
    Last note: We also reload 90% of all our ammo, with the exception of shotshells... they're too cheap to be worthwhile for us.

Just think twice before accusing someone of being a killer by owning a gun. Likewise, think thrice before trusting that ANYONE (aquaintences included) truly respects the weapon he wields, until he's proven it by acting responsibly and endangering no one.

Ok, flame away...

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    guns...yum yum...i currently own a bushmaster M-4, an M-1 Garand, 2 Model 700 Remingtons (.308 VS police model--Leupold vari X III tactical scope, .223 VS--with a Tasco World Class Silhouette scope), and a really sweet ruger 10/22 with a fajen match barrel and a claro walnut thumbhole stock. i also have a really sweet colt 1911 .45 and a glock .40. awesome stuff...

18. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    and by the way, rifle marksmanship is a very legitamate discipline. a blood pool in mind? guns were made with the intent of killing people? come on...that's just ignorance...

19. Edit by Jazzbo.

I don't mind some caps-lock for emphasis, but almost your whole post was caps-lock. We don't yell at people here, no matter how much we disagree with them. If you can't intelligently and maturely debate their opinion, then you can't debate it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.