Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Hamster is amazing!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    So I have my hamster's cage ontop of my bureau (which is against a wall). The bureau's about 3.5-4 feet tall, when my hamster stands up he's maybe 4-6 inches. I was letting him run around my room while I was working (no ball, he doesn't chew on the wires and he likes it better). Suddenly, I hear the plastic bowls I keep on the top of my bureau fall over. I go to check it out and there he is! He'd shimmied his way up the back of the bureau, no ledges or anything to grab onto, just a paw on either side of him. It'd be like me shimmying up a 5 story building!

I know physics play into it, he had less weight to pull up, but I always used to think that hamsters were the fat nerdy members of the rodent family. But mine's turning into a beast!

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    He's getting in shape so he can take over your house.

3. I wish I knew what a bureau was.

4. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    [​IMG]

I guess other people have other names for it. That's just what I was raised as it being.

edit: mine's not nearly as nice as that one.

5. I thought this thread was going to be about something else!

:bag:

6. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

I'll make him a proposition, the mammal who can hoola-hoop most in 30 seconds gets the house. If he can beat me at that, then he deserves it.

7. You arent the only one. I started laughing as soon as I read the title.

8. Dude I was eating! :scowl:

9. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I love the little critters. I myself have had about 6. They are so cute and curious little guys. I always let mine run around by bedroom too. They all have died off though :crying:

10. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    My creepy boss has 3 creepy long-haired ones.

He made me pet them at the "life tax" employee Christmas party.

I still see them in my nightmares. It was like a wig with feet.

11. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My girlfriend has one of those, her ex gave it mites and it basically chewed off its claws, so it just has little nubbins. When he walks around he kind of looks like a huge, stubby centipede.

I just like things that crawl, fur is a plus but not necessarily, I used to really like collecting bugs and letting them crawl all over my legs and arms.

12. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    You should get a freaky tarantula then. Ex-girlfriend had one that was cool as hell, until it got hungry.

13. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My girlfriend would probably stop talking to me if I did that, or at the very least, restrict my...'privileges'.

Somethings just aren't worth losing, :meh:.

14. And then.....

[​IMG]

15. Why does the "eight legged freak" have ten legs in that picture?

16. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I'm supposing two right by the mouth are actually supposed to be mandibles, but the CGI artist went overboard and made them look like legs.

And, that movie was a total piece of crap!

17. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I had a degu (kind of a hamster like creature. It's in the rodent family) that climbed his cage like monkey bars. He'd use the technique to attack the others.

Funny to watch.

18. Dude, seriously. Second pair of pants in as many hours.

19. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Scaredy cat, scaredy cat!

:bag:

20. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Hamsters ARE amazing. That's why I use them to power my house, laptop, and alternative fuel vehicle.

Working on a rodent powered rocket sled next.