1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my happiness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I don't know where to put this,...

mods please feel free to move if needed!
    I just want to say, im rather happy,... I have been playing for 2 years coming from a long time guitar background (I always thought more like a bass player tho) and I always tend to take ages to learn songs and find it hard getting motivated to practice,... so I thought right here goes,... enough with the pedal addictions and other distractions, I got my bass teacher to start going through cliff burton's anesthesia - pulling teeth solo as it would give me some thing to work on that would a) challenge me and b) motivate me to keep at it as a long term project

Well I upped the ante, I put myself in for playing it at the christmas concert that the place I get lessons holds, last year was quite a good night... about 4-5 hours worth with some very talented people there. So I now have a goal of playing it sucessfully (my teacher will do the drums part) AND for once I feel like im making headway! I can fret tap a little, I am playing faster passages more accurately, I'm getting a lesson on scales and arpeggio's and other theory that usually I wouldn't focus on AND im having fun... so I have a couple of months to get it all down pat, and the techniques and theory behind it all I'm starting to get my head around and try and use to write basslines for my current band!

sorry im looking back at that as kind of childish but I had to share that making headway in that song and everything its done to my bass playing since!

so for what its all worth, I am more inspired to just pick up my bass and keep rocking on now :bassist:

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Progress is good! Keep at it, and someday you just might be the Known Dude. :D